Putting xpm files into one header file

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
michaelCoon
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Putting xpm files into one header file

Post by michaelCoon »

I have many xpm files I want to embed into my exe. Right now I simply use a bunch of #include statements to get the job done.
Is there a way to put them all in one file?

Also, if you suggest a resource file, I still do not know how to create one despite searching the net. Is there a step by step tutorial for resource files. Also, even tho I use wxDEV c++, I really hate that wxForm designer and prefer to code manually.

Finaly, could I just create one huge file and cut paste all the xpm data into that file and inckude that?
jgrzybowski
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: Putting xpm files into one header file

Post by jgrzybowski »

Interesting question. I have already tried to create one file Test.xpm from 3 separate XPM files (I have copied text form 3 XPM files into one new file). I have included new Test.xpm file and compilation took success. Compiler recognize 3 separate objects as it is shown on a picture below. This way seems to not be a typical solutions and should be tested because of different versions of compilator/wxWidget/Windows...
Regards
Jarek
Attachments
3xpms.JPG
3xpms.JPG (25.95 KiB) Viewed 2542 times