wxDevIDE project looking for help

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
nuklearzelph
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxDevIDE project looking for help

Post by nuklearzelph »

Unfortunately there have been several problems getting the C++ version of Dev into active development. Some due to my own time constraints, some because I am not too experienced as an admin. Other devs also have had things come up. However we have done some discussion and have decided on a basic design. As stated in the past the project will be constructed of several modules.

We have decided to split the project essentially in two, one half is the form designer the other is the IDE. Due to the design idea and what the plugin manager aught to be capable of, the window is open for rudimentary multi-language support. C++ will remain the official focus, however if someone wanted to make a compiler/debugger plugin for java it aught to work. Scintilla can highlight the language already and XSTC makes setting it up much easier.

We currently have two active Developers, the third we aren't sure about at the moment and others have left to other projects. Our main focus for a while has been trying to figure out how to make the floatable widgets work under the GTK+ version of wxWidgets. CaptureMouse() freezes the app when used under this platform.

I have committed to myself that this project will come into fruition and have done the best i can with my time to make things happen. (I started it after all) Tony has built a shell for the form designer with a few floatable widgets in windows, we are hoping to expand on it and find a solution to the GTK platform problem.

We could use some assistance, especially in the area of GTK+. My web site skills are a bit lacking too, someone who could help in that department would we appreciated. In general if you are interested in helping and have a decent grasp of C++ we wouldn't turn you away. The contents of Trac have been moved to the Allura based wiki, they are a bit of a mess currently. The basic idea of what we are trying to do can be gleaned from it though. We need to do a lot more implementation discussion of the design of the plugin system and on the code generation portion of the form designer.

Nuklear