Creating own graphical component

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
sali
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Creating own graphical component

Post by sali »

Hi all,

I would like to ask how create own graphical component in wxDevC++ enviroment ? I was googling quite a lot and i havent find solution ... for example i would like to make graphs in my design. I am able to include for example wxmathplot into my project and set window size/position and other parameters manually in C++ code, but i would like to be able to do the same in visual style in RAD editor. Exists some way to add own graphical component based on some wxwidgets component? If yes, exists somewhere some depositary to download these additional components ?

thanks for your help
tbreina

Re: Creating own graphical component

Post by tbreina »

Currently, this can't be done. All of our wxWidgets components are hard coded into the executable.

In order to create such a component, you'd have to build it yourself in Delphi (http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/?q=node/22) and update the wxdsgn.bpl. Unfortunately, I don't think Delphi 6PE is still out there for download. Delphi 7 might still be out there and should be able to build our source code though.

Some of the wxDev-C++ developers are migrating to wxDevIDE, a C++/wxWidgets version of wxDev-C++. We've got a basic shell for the IDE, but still haven't started the visual designer. If you are interested in playing with it, it might be one way to go. http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxdevide/ Of course, it's still pre-alpha and not even at the stage where it can compile or debug projects let alone auto-generate code from a RAD.

Wish I could be of more help.
-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.