cannot find -lwregex // wxWidgets 2.9.2 DevPack

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
eriX
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

cannot find -lwregex // wxWidgets 2.9.2 DevPack

Post by eriX » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:42 pm

I need wxDevC++ with wxWidgets 2.9.2 (via DevPack!) with Unicode Support enabled.

- Issue 1:
After a reinstallation of wxDevC++ I always get the error: cannot find -lwregex at compiling my project.

- Issue 2:
For getting wxWidgets 2.9.2 I install: wxWidgets_2.9.2_common.DevPak and wxWidgets_2.9.2_gcc.DevPak
But in the compiler preferences dialog there is standing: 2.8.12.

Must I update to gcc-g++-4.5.0.DevPak for using 2.9.2? If I install this DevPack I get a endless list of errors at compiling my project.

I hope you can help me to solve my problems.
The first one is the most important.

-Eric

tbreina

Re: cannot find -lwregex // wxWidgets 2.9.2 DevPack

Post by tbreina » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:35 pm

eriX wrote:I need wxDevC++ with wxWidgets 2.9.2 (via DevPack!) with Unicode Support enabled.

- Issue 1:
After a reinstallation of wxDevC++ I always get the error: cannot find -lwregex at compiling my project.
If you have the unicode wxWidgets libs, then you need to change it to -lwxregexu. The extra "u" is for unicode build. The library should be located in c:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\lib\libwxregexu.a.
eriX wrote: - Issue 2:
For getting wxWidgets 2.9.2 I install: wxWidgets_2.9.2_common.DevPak and wxWidgets_2.9.2_gcc.DevPak
But in the compiler preferences dialog there is standing: 2.8.12.

Must I update to gcc-g++-4.5.0.DevPak for using 2.9.2? If I install this DevPack I get a endless list of errors at compiling my project.

I hope you can help me to solve my problems.
The first one is the most important.

-Eric
I think you are referring to Tools->Compiler Options->wxWidgets. That doesn't automatically update with the devpak (I haven't attempted to add the necessary code to the IDE). You can just update it manually. It replaces the $(WXLIBNAME) during makefile generation so that your legacy projects will always point to the correct version of wxWidgets (assuming you have manually set it the first time).

No, I don't think you'll need to update to gcc 4.5. IIRC, Mal built the 2.9.2 devpak with 3.4.5. Note that I haven't personally tested the 2.9.2 or the gcc 4.5 devpaks. So I don't know how easy they are to use.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.

eriX
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by eriX » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks for your help!

I uninstalled my complete wxDevC++
I have made a complete installation of wxDevC++ 7.4 (all checkboxes are ticked) and downloaded the latest DevPacks in the setup-procedure.
I have installed sqlite; wxWidgets 2.9.2 gcc; wxWidgets 2.9.2 common
I have set 2.9.2 in compiler options > wxWidgets and checked "Unicode Support" and added a linker to sqlite.
I needed to convert all my files to UTF8 without ByteOrderMark because the compiler said "Illegal byte sequence" at ü, ö, ä etc.

Everything seems to work, but than:

"Cannot find -lwregexu" so I made a change to "-lwxregexu" as you said. Result was >500 Errors.
I looked up the file "libwxregexu.a". It exists in C:\Program Files (x86)\Dev-Cpp\lib

The errors look like that (-lwxregexu):
[Linker Error] undefined reference to `wxEntry(HINSTANCE__*, HINSTANCE__*, char*, int)'
[Linker Error] undefined reference to `wxAppConsoleBase::CheckBuildOptions(char const*, char const*)'
[Linker Error] undefined reference to `wxApp::wxApp()'

tbreina

Post by tbreina » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:00 pm

I'll try to take a look at the devpak this week. I might have to just rebuild the thing.

-Tony

tbreina

Post by tbreina » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:45 am

It looks like we also need to add "wxNO_RTTI" in the preprocessor definitions (Project->Project Options->Parameters).

I've updated the devpaks to 2.9.2.1 on the webupdate.

Let me know if that fixes the problems.

-Tony

n.b. I don't know if the SQLite devpak was built with Unicode. You might need to re-build the lib.

eriX
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by eriX » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:59 pm

I tested it on my local PC... no success... same problem as before.

I tried it on a XP VirtualMachine... same problem...
A new project can be built without problems, but if I set any control on it... uncountable many warnings of duplicate sections...

I can't see a solution to get anything working... actually I can't go back to my last working state as before testing 2.9.2:
With wxDevC++ 7.4.0.77 and wxWidgets 2.8.9 which I had used before everything worked fine... I can't get it working again.

It would be great if you could take a look on this issue via TeamViewer!

tbreina

Post by tbreina » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:38 pm

eriX wrote:I tested it on my local PC... no success... same problem as before.

I tried it on a XP VirtualMachine... same problem...
A new project can be built without problems, but if I set any control on it... uncountable many warnings of duplicate sections...

I can't see a solution to get anything working... actually I can't go back to my last working state as before testing 2.9.2:
With wxDevC++ 7.4.0.77 and wxWidgets 2.8.9 which I had used before everything worked fine... I can't get it working again.

It would be great if you could take a look on this issue via TeamViewer!
Hmmm, that's strange. If you can't get 2.8.9 working again, then something must be screwed up in your installation. Not sure about XP Virtual, but there are times in Vista/7 where UAC sends a new file to the VirtualStore rather than copying it (or even deleting it).

Would it be possible for you to uninstall wxDev-C++ 7.4.0.77 (make sure to delete anything left in the Dev-cpp directory) and install the new 7.4.1?

-Tony

eriX
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by eriX » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:28 pm

Ok. I think we are one step further.

I uninstalled wxDevC++ and deleted all caches with "TuneUp Utilities", I installed wxDevC++ "Custom mode" without downloading devpacks.
Simply added my sqlite devpack, removed Objects/MingW/*.* and started compiling:
-lsqlite3 -mwindows -lwxtiff -lwxjpeg -lwxpng -lwxzlib -lwxregexu -lwxexpat -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lodbc32 -lopengl32

Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.text+0x50): undefined reference to `wxAppConsole::CheckBuildOptions(char const*, char const*)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.text+0x71): undefined reference to `wxApp::wxApp()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.text+0xd2): undefined reference to `wxAppConsole::ms_appInstance'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.text+0x102): undefined reference to `wxEntry(HINSTANCE__*, HINSTANCE__*, char*, int)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.text+0x14e): undefined reference to `wxStringBase::npos'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.text+0x16c): undefined reference to `wxStringBase::InitWith(char const*, unsigned int, unsigned int)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.text+0x18c): undefined reference to `wxDefaultSize'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.text+0x198): undefined reference to `wxDefaultPosition'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.text+0x2ab): undefined reference to `wxAppConsole::ms_appInitFn'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV20wxThreadHelperThread[vtable for wxThreadHelperThread]+0xc): undefined reference to `wxThread::TestDestroy()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x8): undefined reference to `wxApp::GetClassInfo() const'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x14): undefined reference to `wxObject::CreateRefData() const'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x18): undefined reference to `wxObject::CloneRefData(wxObjectRefData const*) const'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x1c): undefined reference to `wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent(wxEvent&)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x20): undefined reference to `wxEvtHandler::SearchEventTable(wxEventTable&, wxEvent&)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x28): undefined reference to `wxEvtHandler::TryParent(wxEvent&)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x2c): undefined reference to `wxApp::GetEventTable() const'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x30): undefined reference to `wxApp::GetEventHashTable() const'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x34): undefined reference to `wxEvtHandler::DoSetClientObject(wxClientData*)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x38): undefined reference to `wxEvtHandler::DoGetClientObject() const'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x3c): undefined reference to `wxEvtHandler::DoSetClientData(void*)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x40): undefined reference to `wxEvtHandler::DoGetClientData() const'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x44): undefined reference to `wxApp::Initialize(int&, char**)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x50): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::OnInitGui()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x54): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::OnRun()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x5c): undefined reference to `wxApp::CleanUp()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x64): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::Exit()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x68): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::OnInitCmdLine(wxCmdLineParser&)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x6c): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::OnCmdLineParsed(wxCmdLineParser&)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x70): undefined reference to `wxAppConsole::OnCmdLineHelp(wxCmdLineParser&)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x74): undefined reference to `wxAppConsole::OnCmdLineError(wxCmdLineParser&)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x78): undefined reference to `wxAppConsole::FilterEvent(wxEvent&)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x7c): undefined reference to `wxAppConsole::HandleEvent(wxEvtHandler*, void (wxEvtHandler::*)(wxEvent&), wxEvent&) const'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x84): undefined reference to `wxAppConsole::ProcessPendingEvents()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x88): undefined reference to `wxApp::Yield(bool)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x8c): undefined reference to `wxApp::WakeUpIdle()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x90): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::CreateTraits()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x94): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::MainLoop()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x98): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::ExitMainLoop()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0x9c): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::Pending()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0xa0): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::Dispatch()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0xa4): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::ProcessIdle()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0xa8): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::SendIdleEvents(wxWindow*, wxIdleEvent&)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0xac): undefined reference to `wxApp::OnExceptionInMainLoop()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0xb4): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::GetTopWindow() const'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0xb8): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::GetDisplayMode() const'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0xc4): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::GetLayoutDirection() const'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV17vokabeltrainerApp[vtable for vokabeltrainerApp]+0xc8): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::SetActive(bool, wxWindow*)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN20wxThreadHelperThreadD1Ev[wxThreadHelperThread::~wxThreadHelperThread()]+0x13): undefined reference to `wxThread::~wxThread()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN20wxThreadHelperThreadD0Ev[wxThreadHelperThread::~wxThreadHelperThread()]+0x14): undefined reference to `wxThread::~wxThread()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN17vokabeltrainerAppD1Ev[vokabeltrainerApp::~vokabeltrainerApp()]+0x13): undefined reference to `wxApp::~wxApp()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o:vokabeltrainerApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN17vokabeltrainerAppD0Ev[vokabeltrainerApp::~vokabeltrainerApp()]+0x14): undefined reference to `wxApp::~wxApp()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o:vokabeltrainer.cpp:(.text+0x33): undefined reference to `wxFrame::~wxFrame()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o:vokabeltrainer.cpp:(.text+0x53): undefined reference to `wxFrame::~wxFrame()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o:vokabeltrainer.cpp:(.text+0x74): undefined reference to `wxFrame::~wxFrame()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o:vokabeltrainer.cpp:(.text+0xfb): undefined reference to `wxInitAllImageHandlers()'

Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o:vokabeltrainer.cpp:(.text+0x108): undefined reference to `wxPanelNameStr'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o:vokabeltrainer.cpp:(.text+0x177): undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::wxWindowBase()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o:vokabeltrainer.cpp:(.text+0x190): undefined reference to `vtable for wxWindow'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o:vokabeltrainer.cpp:(.text+0x1b6): undefined reference to `wxWindow::Init()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o:vokabeltrainer.cpp:(.text+0x1c9): undefined reference to `vtable for wxPanel'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o:vokabeltrainer.cpp:(.text+0x1e3): undefined reference to `wxControlContainer::wxControlContainer(wxWindow*)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o:vokabeltrainer.cpp:(.text+0x1f1): undefined reference to `wxPanel::Init()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o:vokabeltrainer.cpp:(.text+0x236): undefined reference to `wxPanel::Create(wxWindow*, int, wxPoint const&, wxSize const&, long, wxString const&)'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o:vokabeltrainer.cpp:(.text+0x2ed): undefined reference to `wxColour::~wxColour()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o:vokabeltrainer.cpp:(.text+0x369): undefined reference to `wxColour::~wxColour()'
Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o:vokabeltrainer.cpp:(.text+0x396): undefined reference to `wxBitmap::wxBitmap(wxString const&, wxBitmapType)'
Maybe you know the meaning or the reasons for this Linker Errors?
Last edited by eriX on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

tbreina

Post by tbreina » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:55 pm

Code: Select all

g++.exe "Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o" "Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o" "Objects/MingW/registrierung.o" "Objects/MingW/ansehenFrm.o" "Objects/MingW/ueben.o" "Objects/MingW/vokabelkasten.o" "Objects/MingW/vokabelkasten_ansehen.o" "Objects/MingW/LinguBoxFrm.o" Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer_private.res -o "Output/MingW/vokabeltrainer.exe" -L"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/Lib" -lsqlite3 -mwindows -lwxtiff -lwxjpeg -lwxpng -lwxzlib -lwxregexu -lwxexpat -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lodbc32 -lopengl32 

Where's the linker reference to wxWidgets? There should be something like:

Code: Select all

-lwxmsw29u -lwxmsw29u_gl -lwxtiff -lwxjpeg -lwxpng -lwxzlib -lwxregexu -lwxexpat -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lodbc32 -lopengl32   
note the -lwxmsw29u tells the linker where to find the wxWidgets 2.9 unicode library to link. That's what your linker errors are also saying.

Go to Project->Project Options->Parameters and in the linker section starts with something like:

-mwindows
-l$(WXLIBNAME)
-l$(WXLIBNAME)_gl

-lwxtiff
-lwxjpeg
-lwxpng
-lwxzlib
-lwxregexu
-lwxexpat
-lkernel32

-Tony

eriX
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by eriX » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Great. It does work now!

Maybe you can answer me 2 more questions:

1. My project can become compiled successfully, but I get a lot of warnings (see below)
2. I converted my .cpp files in UTF8 before. In standard ANSI format the compiler stops at "äöü" and says "Illegal byte sequence" - How to fix this?

Thank you very very much for your help! :D
mingw32-make.exe -f "Makefile.win" all
g++.exe -c vokabelkasten.cpp -o Objects/MingW/vokabelkasten.o -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/include" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.5/backward" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.5/mingw32" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.5" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/msw" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/generic" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/html" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/protocol" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/xml" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/xrc" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/common" -D__WXMSW__ -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__wxNO_RTTI__ -fexpensive-optimizations -O3

"windres.exe" --input-format=rc -o Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer_private.res --include-dir "C:/PROGRA~2/Dev-Cpp/include/common" Objects/MingW/VOKABE~1.RC -O coff

g++.exe "Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainerApp.o" "Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer.o" "Objects/MingW/registrierung.o" "Objects/MingW/ansehenFrm.o" "Objects/MingW/ueben.o" "Objects/MingW/vokabelkasten.o" "Objects/MingW/vokabelkasten_ansehen.o" "Objects/MingW/LinguBoxFrm.o" Objects/MingW/vokabeltrainer_private.res -o "Output/MingW/vokabeltrainer.exe" -L"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/Lib" -lsqlite3 -mwindows -lwxmsw29u -lwxmsw29u_gl -lwxtiff -lwxjpeg -lwxpng -lwxzlib -lwxregexu -lwxexpat -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lodbc32 -lopengl32

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dev-Cpp\Bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/Lib/libwxmsw29u.a(monolib_window.o): warning: duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV20wxObjectEventFunctor[vtable for wxObjectEventFunctor]' has different size

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dev-Cpp\Bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/Lib/libwxmsw29u.a(monolib_mdi.o): warning: duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV20wxObjectEventFunctor[vtable for wxObjectEventFunctor]' has different size

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dev-Cpp\Bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/Lib/libwxmsw29u.a(monolib_mdi.o): warning: duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV20wxEventFunctorMethodI14wxEventTypeTagI14wxCommandEventE12wxEvtHandler7wxEventS3_E[vtable for wxEventFunctorMethod<wxEventTypeTag<wxCommandEvent>, wxEvtHandler, wxEvent, wxEvtHandler>]' has different size

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dev-Cpp\Bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/Lib/libwxmsw29u.a(monolib_appbase.o): warning: duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV20wxObjectEventFunctor[vtable for wxObjectEventFunctor]' has different size

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dev-Cpp\Bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/Lib/libwxmsw29u.a(monolib_thread.o): warning: duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV20wxObjectEventFunctor[vtable for wxObjectEventFunctor]' has different size

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dev-Cpp\Bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/Lib/libwxmsw29u.a(monolib_wincmn.o): warning: duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV20wxObjectEventFunctor[vtable for wxObjectEventFunctor]' has different size

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dev-Cpp\Bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/Lib/libwxmsw29u.a(monolib_frame.o): warning: duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV20wxObjectEventFunctor[vtable for wxObjectEventFunctor]' has different size

[a lot of similar warnings...]

Execution terminated
Compilation successful
Compilation took 13 seconds to complete
Last edited by eriX on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

tbreina

Post by tbreina » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:21 pm

The different size errors are due to the RTTI linker option.

It looks like you've added _wxNO_RTTI_ to the preprocessor directives instead of just wxNO_RTTI. For example, try a new project and you'll see the correct format.

-Tony

eriX
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by eriX » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:09 pm

I have tried it again with the options below, but I receive a lot of warnings again.

__WXMSW__
__GNUWIN32__
_UNICODE
wxNO_RTTI

-mwindows
-l$(WXLIBNAME)
-l$(WXLIBNAME)_gl
-lwxtiff
-lwxjpeg
-lwxpng
-lwxzlib
-lwxregexu
-lwxexpat
-lkernel32
-luser32
-lgdi32
-lcomdlg32
-lwinspool
-lwinmm
-lshell32
-lcomctl32
-lole32
-loleaut32
-luuid
-lrpcrt4
-ladvapi32
-lwsock32
-lodbc32
-lopengl32

tbreina

Post by tbreina » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:19 pm

eriX wrote:I have tried it again with the options below, but I receive a lot of warnings again.

__WXMSW__
__GNUWIN32__
_UNICODE
wxNO_RTTI

-mwindows
-l$(WXLIBNAME)
-l$(WXLIBNAME)_gl
-lwxtiff
-lwxjpeg
-lwxpng
-lwxzlib
-lwxregexu
-lwxexpat
-lkernel32
-luser32
-lgdi32
-lcomdlg32
-lwinspool
-lwinmm
-lshell32
-lcomctl32
-lole32
-loleaut32
-luuid
-lrpcrt4
-ladvapi32
-lwsock32
-lodbc32
-lopengl32
Ok. What are the warnings?

BTW, aren't you using SQLite with your project? Shouldn't your libs include -lsqlite3?

-Tony

eriX
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by eriX » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:30 am

The warnings are the same as above.

Sqlite is linked in linker options.

tbreina

Post by tbreina » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:05 pm

eriX wrote:The warnings are the same as above.

Sqlite is linked in linker options.
Wait-- I thought you said that adding the -lwxmsw29u fixed most of the problems? What happened? I'm really confused.

Can you post the compiler output you are getting now?

-Tony