Background of wxNotebook

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
tbreina

Re: Background of wxNotebook

Post by tbreina » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:12 pm

eriX wrote: I have installed it and I only get errors..
Also a new project does not work, because a library is still missing.
I try to solve in about 10 hours at home.
Go to Tools->Compiler Options->wxWidgets and check the box for "Unicode support". From then on your new projects should be able to find the wxWidgets libs.

I've got a fix for this, but am waiting to release it pending some other fixes.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.

tbreina

Post by tbreina » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:16 pm

BarrRobot wrote: The problem that I see is the Notebook background can be set, and is inherited by each page, but it does not show in the notebook itself.
I can set a background for each page (not shown). My point here is the Notebook background colour is being read and carried forward into the page, but is not used (or maybe it is used but is immediately overwritten?) in the Notebook itself.
Ahh. Now I understand the problem. Yes, this seems to be a wxWidgets issue. I searched the forums and found this post:

http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.p ... ok#p123455

Maybe you can post the message in the developer's forum to see if there is an easier way? It sounds like this feature was never added in wxWidgets.

-Tony

BarrRobot
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by BarrRobot » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:44 pm

tbreina wrote:I searched the forums and found this post:

http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.p ... ok#p123455

Maybe you can post the message in the developer's forum to see if there is an easier way? It sounds like this feature was never added in wxWidgets.

-Tony
I too had found that post. I read it as they want to change the colour of the Tab for each page, not the background colour of the notebook?
If, 6 months later, you can't understand what you coded, it was too complicated to begin with.

tbreina

Post by tbreina » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:10 am

BarrRobot wrote:I too had found that post. I read it as they want to change the colour of the Tab for each page, not the background colour of the notebook?
Yes, but I think that may be the same thing. Or, at least it may be a similar procedure.

In any case, this is definitely a wxWidgets-specific issue.

-Tony

BarrRobot
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by BarrRobot » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:03 pm

I have raised a ticket at http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/13745
If, 6 months later, you can't understand what you coded, it was too complicated to begin with.

BarrRobot
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by BarrRobot » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Bad news, Guys. The wxWidgets developers do not accept that it is a problem and are refusing to fix it.
Referring to the example that I posted above:
...I think it's fine. You do get predominant blue colour and if not absolutely everything is blue it's not really a problem is it?

Changing this -- assuming it's possible at all -- really wouldn't be worth the effort.
Here is the full answer: http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/13745