Differing versions of the project

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
Will Pittenger
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Differing versions of the project

Post by Will Pittenger »

It would really help if wxDev-C++ could be told to use a different version of the project being built. Suppose I have trunk, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, and 2.0 versions of the project. Each will have its own source code. Some might use different build options. While I could have separate project files for each, doing so might break SVN integration. Does wxDev-C++ have a solution?
Will Pittenger
tbreina

Re: Differing versions of the project

Post by tbreina »

Yes. You could use different project profiles. They are kind of like different workspaces or solutions in other IDEs.

Go to Project->Project Options and click on the green plus button at the top of the window ("Create a new profile"). You can name the profile whatever you want (e.g. "build 1.0", "build pre-alpha 0.314", etc.). Each profile can specify different compilers and build options. Plus, you can just switch the compiler profile in the dropdown box to change between them.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
Will Pittenger
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: Differing versions of the project

Post by Will Pittenger »

The problem is that the different versions would be in different folders. i.e. Trunk versus 0.9. Each folder would have its own includes and source files. Those might change from file to file. I also don't manually edit makefiles. #-o
Will Pittenger