Drag and Drop Change File Attributes

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
papayrus
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Drag and Drop Change File Attributes

Post by papayrus » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:15 am

Hello I am trying to make a panel on a frame that I can drop files on to unhide them after they were hidden by usb viruses for quick repair on usb files that were damaged by the virus.

All I have so far is code to change a files attributes I am not sure how to make the panel so I can drag and drop the files on it and execute the code on those files. Here is the code I have as a basis.

Code: Select all

WinExec("attrib -H D:\\New\\*.* /S /D", SW_HIDE);
This seems to do the job but like I said would be cool if I can drag all the hiddens docs into a panel and have it execute that code on the files for quick repair.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit:
That code I mean unhides all the files in the directory called New. It would be just as great to be able to drag a whole directory of the hidden files as well. Either way will do great.

papayrus
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Re: Drag and Drop Change File Attributes

Post by papayrus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Anyone can help here? I am looking to make a code on a panel that in english would be something like.

If file dragged and dropped onto panel1 then clear the hidden attribute.

Mainly I need help with getting the drag and drop of the file to work with the panel then I need the drop of the file on the panel to trigger the clear hidden attribute of the file dropped. Any help here it is not a major important thing just a project I decided to create.

Thanks again.

doublemax

Post by doublemax » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Check the "dnd" sample that comes with wxWidgets. It shows everything you need for this.

wxFileDropTarget:
http://docs.wxwidgets.org/stable/wx_wxf ... droptarget
Use the source, Luke!

papayrus
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by papayrus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Yes I did check it out but I get confused on how to impliment it on a panel if that is even possible.

Sorry got confused here I just found about about dialogblocks and am trying it but I got the full package that comes with the mingw compiler and the wxwidgets install but the thing is I already have wxpack installed and code blocks has mingw installed already so I am trying to figure out if I need to install wxwidgets again in another directory and mingw again because I don't think it will let me use the mingw that is installed with code blocks.
Last edited by papayrus on Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

doublemax

Post by doublemax » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:23 pm

Any wxWindow can be a drop target.

Take the class DnDFile from the dnd sample as a start.

Call wxWindow::SetDropTarget on your panel.
http://docs.wxwidgets.org/stable/wx_wxw ... droptarget
Use the source, Luke!

papayrus
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by papayrus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Ok thanks for the two links I will get reading on it and see what I can come up with here. I'll let you know what I come up with code if I can't get it to work properly.
Thanks again.:)