Total new Dev-C++ users questioned

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
Shaba1
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Total new Dev-C++ users questioned

Post by Shaba1 »

I have downloaded and installed Dev-C++ version 4.9.9.2 I also installed the wxWidgest DevPak 2.6.1,libpng v 1.2.8 ,libjpeg6b-4 and libtiff 3.4beta037.

My question is this: Is wxDev-C++ a full install of the Dev-C++ system with the wxWidget Frame Project included. OR can I add some thing to my present Dev-C++ set up to get the same funtionality as wxDev-C++ I would hate to have to uninstall and reinstall.

YOu are talking to a C++ newbie here( I just started learning it 3 weeks ago) thought I have knew how to program console/dos programs in C for 15 years. So please the ultra simplistic in your responses

Thank you.
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

Yes, wx-devcpp is the total dev-cpp distro with the necessary wxWidgets devpaks.

It's infinitely better as a newbie to uninstall your dev-cpp and install the full wx-devcpp package. It will save you a lot of headache. I would wait, however, until tomorrow when we release 6.8beta so that you can get the latest and greatest of everything.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.