Are there DevPaks for wxWidgets 2.9.1? Topic is solved

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
NickDX
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Re: Are there DevPaks for wxWidgets 2.9.1?

Post by NickDX »

tbreina wrote:
Do these DevPaks support wxPropertyGrid (as I think propgrid was included on commons after 2.9)?
Yes, but not in the RAD. So you can hand-code the wxPropertyGrid into your program, but we don't currently have a nice GUI to automatically create the code for you. (That's probably not a bad thing since the property grid is often used as a standalone window anyway.)

Also, to get rid of the linker warning, add the flag "wxNO_RTTI" to the preprocessor defines section in Project->Project Options.

-Tony

Thanks for the help Tony. I'm glad I can use propgrid, as we are trying to port a huge project done on vanilla Dev to wxDev.

Also, I'm not getting linker warnings, I'm getting actual linker errors.

I donwloaded wxdev, unninstalled the old devpaks and installed the devpaks on this thread and I'm getting over 250 linker errors like:

[Linker Error] undefined reference to `wxEntry(HINSTANCE__*, HINSTANCE__*, char*, int)'
[Linker Error] undefined reference to `wxAppConsoleBase::CheckBuildOptions(char const*, char const*)'
[Linker Error] undefined reference to `wxDefaultValidator'
[Linker Error] undefined reference to `wxDefaultSize'

Which means, everything wx related seems to not be linked properly.

My "Compiler Options -> Directories" are a bit of a mess. I don't know if I should have the vanilla Dev binaries along with the wxDev ones, and the C++ includes are messier than pigs in the mud.

I've included below my C++ include window, along with my project Parameters, so everyone can point and laught at me for my inaptitude with the Dev UI:

Parameters:
C++ compiler -> -D__WXMSW__ -DNO_GCC_PRAGMA -fno-exceptions
Linker -> -s -mwindows -loleaut32 -lole32 -luuid -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lcomdlg32 -lctl3d32 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lgdi32 -lpng -lzlib -ljpeg

Thanks again