Debugger error

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
oldnewbie
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Debugger error

Post by oldnewbie »

I hope Im posting this in right section.

When I run debugger (or F8 ) it gives an error.A new window is opened, asking whether "continue,close or reset" application.Even if I click continue,only wxDevc++ remains,no debugger.At the bottom of the window,there is an item saying : EAccessViolation.

Should I upgrade something?Thanks for suggestions.
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

Moved to wxDev-C++ section
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

I'm not sure about your particular error, but Robert Wall and I have been busy overhauling the gdb debugger interface for wxDev-C++ for several months now. We've got something that mostly works (still trying to make the local and watch variable windows look nice).

Is there a bug report generated? It's possible that the bug in your program is causing a irrecoverable situation in wxDev-C++, but I'd have to know more details to attempt to diagnose it.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
BarrRobot
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Debugger error

Post by BarrRobot »

You could try downloading Process Explorer from the Sysinternals suite http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... s/bb896653

Run this before you try to start the debugger, and it will show whether the debugger (GDB) actually starts, and whether it in turn starts the target program. That would be useful information.
If, 6 months later, you can't understand what you coded, it was too complicated to begin with.
oldnewbie
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by oldnewbie »

Hi,
I downloaded that program you suggested,but debugger didnt show up in the list.

Im adding the screenshot.Waiting for your help.
I like wxDevC++ but without debugger life is hard.
Attachments
xxxx.JPG