Creating a new project doesn't seem to work with newest ? Topic is solved

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
Post Reply
webmasterpdx
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:43 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Creating a new project doesn't seem to work with newest ?

Post by webmasterpdx » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:44 am

I wanted to create a new static library so I selected create new project. A window popped up with different options as icons and one was static lib. I selected the static lib. A window appeared where I could select the name of the library. I did that and hit next, and it showed me a file selection box to select the directory where it should place the .dev file. I selected the dir and hit OK, and then hit OK again, and I got an error.

The error is an exception (Access Violation at address xxx in module devcpp.exe read of address 00038.

When I select disasm, it shows the following code. Note that the ----- indicates a new delphi line (I'm presuming). Also, note that the address it fails on accessing is $38, so from this code, you can tell that esi must be set to 0 in the failing instruction (marked below).

---------
push esi
push edi
mov ebx,edx
mov edi,eax
-------------
mov esi,ebx
mov dl,[esi+$38] ; ERROR HERE.....esi must be 0!!!!!
xor dl,1
mov eax.esi
call -$126b76 ($450248)
; Menus.IMenuItem.SetChecked(vcl60.bpl)
----------------

The failing delphi command is in the last line above after the ; comment...some menu initialization instruction.

The call stack is from top to bottom (it fails at last line):

...
...
vcl60:TMenuItem.Click
...
...
rtl60.bpl:TBasicAction.Execute
devcpp.exe:TMainForm.actNewProjectExecute
devcpp.exe:TMainForm.ShowProjectInspItemClick ***FAILS HERE

Anyone know what is going on here? Is this a known bug?
I just got the newest version of the wxDevC++ app yesterday.

I just tried the same with a windows app and it created an error too.
????? This is major.
I'm going to delete everything and try re-installing it again.


Thanks
-Donald

webmasterpdx
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:43 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Post by webmasterpdx » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:22 am

Once again, I solved my own problem. Pretty slow response time on this forum :-)

I had to totally uninstall my wxDevC++ installation and reinstall the latest again from scratch.
This time I also installed the MSW classes (I don't think this made a diff, but you never know).
This is time consuming for me as I have to install wxSQLite3 manually (the libs, includes and sql files and docs of course).
There isn't really a devpak for wxSQLite3 (that I could find).

Anyways, it all seems to work this time....whew!

Post Reply