Bridging Windows/Linux differences Topic is solved

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
Tony0945
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Bridging Windows/Linux differences

Post by Tony0945 »

When compiling the same wxFrame based code under Windows 2000 and GNOME 2.8, I find the following differences:

1. Windows opens minimized, GNOME opens half-size (correct).

2. Windows has a functional Maximize Button (correct), GNOME has no Maximize button.

3. Windows sizer-sized buttons show full text (correct), GNOME shows truncated text. i.e. "ChannelDown" on Windows, "ChannelDo" on GNOME.

I could use a wxDialog as easily because there is only one frame with standard controls on it. But I read that GNOME dialog boxes don't have maximize buttons.

Can I just add another button and call parent->Maximize() from it? It's kind of kludgy, but I really need to show the frame full-screen.

I can probably toy with the button sizes to get the text to show completely under Linux, but there should be a more seamless way.
Tony0945
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by Tony0945 »

Frame style is:

wxTAB_TRAVERSAL | wxCAPTION | wxSYSTEM_MENU | wxMINIMIZE_BOX | wxMAXIMIZE_BOX | wxCLOSE_BOX
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

You probably want to post this under the C++ Developers section of the forum.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
Tony0945
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by Tony0945 »

Thanks! Will do.
Tony0945
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by Tony0945 »

BTW, I found that adding WX_RESIZE_BORDER fixed the missing Maximize button in Linux. It was not necessary in Windows. Sounds like a bug or just a difference that should be documented