Can't compile using wxWidgets as DLL (v2.8.10)

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
Post Reply
easyw
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:21 am

Can't compile using wxWidgets as DLL (v2.8.10)

Post by easyw » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi to all!
I tried to upgrade the wxmsw28_gl_gcc_custom.dll that I successfully built with wxWidgets-2.8.6 (following this topic
http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.php?t=14007 ) using the new wxWidgets 2.8.10
I compiled the DLL using the commands:
set WXWIN=c:\wxWidgets-2.8.10
set path=c:\Dev-Cpp\bin;%path%
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=release MONOLITHIC=1 USE_OPENGL=1 RUNTIME_LIBS=static USE_RTTI=0 USE_EXCEPTIONS=1 SHARED=1
and I obtained the wxmsw28_gl_gcc_custom.dll, but when I launch an executable that is built relaying on the DLL I receive the following error:
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)
and this is the report on Vista Home Premium (same prob in XP):
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Project2.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4a79a59e
Fault Module Name: wxmsw28_gcc_custom.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.8.10.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a799c4f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0005be73
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7cc8
Additional Information 2: 8ca3848b0bd396e95688544d3244d95b
Additional Information 3: baf1
Additional Information 4: 29b40bae00663bbc0510d81a4d4b3370

Please note that if I use the old dll everything works fine...

Thanx in advance for any suggestion
Maurice :)

Sof_T
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:48 pm
Location: New Forest, United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Sof_T » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:19 pm

Have you rebuilt the application, it could be due to incompatabilty between the wxWidget library versions.
The home of Sof.T http://www.sof-t.site88.net/
Author of Programming with wxDevC++
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxdevcpp-book/

easyw
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:21 am

Post by easyw » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:42 pm

Sof_T wrote:Have you rebuilt the application, it could be due to incompatabilty between the wxWidget library versions.
I did rebuild all F11... same problem...
it works with wxwidgets 2.8.3 and wxwidgets 2.8.6
I obtained the wxmsw28_gcc_custom.dll with the same batch procedure...
with wxwidgets 2.8.10 it do not work...

thanx 4 support :)

easyw
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:21 am

Post by easyw » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:51 pm

easyw wrote: I did rebuild all F11... same problem...
it works with wxwidgets 2.8.3 and wxwidgets 2.8.6
I obtained the wxmsw28_gcc_custom.dll with the same batch procedure...
with wxwidgets 2.8.10 it do not work...

thanx 4 support :)
I re-tried to build the wxwidgets 2.8.6 and I obtained the same prob... may be the problem is the batch itself...

any suggestion is welcome :)

easyw
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:21 am

Post by easyw » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:24 pm

easyw wrote: I re-tried to build the wxwidgets 2.8.6 and I obtained the same prob... may be the problem is the batch itself...
any suggestion is welcome :)
I found out that if I build the lib using the Mingw files from wxDevcpp 6.10.2 it works fine (with both wxwidgets 2.8.6 and 2.8.10), using the file from wxDevcpp7rc6 the wxmsw28_gcc_custom.dll do not work...
probably there is something in the mingw distributed with wxdevcpp7RC6 that is missing something....

tbreina
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1289
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:38 pm
Location: Coronado, CA

Post by tbreina » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:31 pm

easyw wrote:
easyw wrote: I re-tried to build the wxwidgets 2.8.6 and I obtained the same prob... may be the problem is the batch itself...
any suggestion is welcome :)
I found out that if I build the lib using the Mingw files from wxDevcpp 6.10.2 it works fine (with both wxwidgets 2.8.6 and 2.8.10), using the file from wxDevcpp7rc6 the wxmsw28_gcc_custom.dll do not work...
probably there is something in the mingw distributed with wxdevcpp7RC6 that is missing something....
IIRC 6.10.2 used MingW gcc 3.4.2 and 7.0 uses MingW gcc 3.4.5. I don't know if that is causing the problem (doesn't seem likely), but that's the only difference I can think of between them.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.

easyw
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:21 am

Post by easyw » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:13 am

tbreina wrote: IIRC 6.10.2 used MingW gcc 3.4.2 and 7.0 uses MingW gcc 3.4.5. I don't know if that is causing the problem (doesn't seem likely), but that's the only difference I can think of between them.

-Tony
I found a similar issue related to mingw 3.4.5 ...
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib ... eral/59957

has any one found a solution?

thanx :)

Post Reply