next release Topic is solved

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
starra
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

next release

Post by starra »

when it is scheduled next release?

thanks for the great job
tbreina

Re: next release

Post by tbreina »

starra wrote:when it is scheduled next release?

thanks for the great job
We're not sure. We rolled out the release candidates in the hopes of making a release last month, but wound up finding some show-stopping bugs. Most of them have been fixed, but we're still having trouble with the wxform becoming corrupted. At least now we have a method to repeat the corruption on our own tests. However, I couldn't even begin to guess as to when we'll find the offending line(s) in the code.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
Dark Alchemist
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Dark Alchemist »

tbreina wrote:
starra wrote:when it is scheduled next release?

thanks for the great job
We're not sure. We rolled out the release candidates in the hopes of making a release last month, but wound up finding some show-stopping bugs. Most of them have been fixed, but we're still having trouble with the wxform becoming corrupted. At least now we have a method to repeat the corruption on our own tests. However, I couldn't even begin to guess as to when we'll find the offending line(s) in the code.

-Tony
:D How did you manage to reproduce it at will? What is causing it cause that was the one thing that made me roll back (too many losses of my work to stick with it).
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

Dark Alchemist wrote::D How did you manage to reproduce it at will? What is causing it cause that was the one thing that made me roll back (too many losses of my work to stick with it).
For me, I would create a new wxFrame project. Then, I'd go to the properties editor and change the "Frame Style" to something like "wxNO_3D" true (I think it works with changing any of the frame styles). Everything appears to be normal; however, if you manually load the .wxform into notepad, you'll see that the wxDialog_Style now has junk characters at the end:

Wx_DialogStyle = [wxCAPTION, wxSYSTEM_MENU, wxDIALOG_NO_PARENT, wxMINIMIZE_BOX, wxCLOSE_BOX, wxNO_3D, tyleItem

The next time you load the project, those junk characters throw an error which the IDE recovers from (silently), but since there is no

Wx_DesignerType = dtWxFrame

in the .wxform, the form "converts" to a wxDialog (because that's the default state). Also, since there's no longer an correct "end" to the .wxform, the other components (buttons, text boxes, etc) don't get loaded.

Obviously, there's some sort of buffer overrun occurring, but we haven't pinned it down yet in the code.

In reality, Esteban is the only active developer at this point. It would really help to have an extra set of eyes to work through the problem. If anyone out there is interested, then please let us know.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
starra
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by starra »

sorry but i don't know delphi..
only c++ e few java
Dark Alchemist
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Dark Alchemist »

I know enough Delphi to know I don't know enough Delphi to be of any help. Delphi is not hard but when it gets into the big boy projects I get lost (heck I still get lost in C++ for those types of projects).