wxwidgets 2.8.9 Devpak - build.cfg says 2.8.8 Topic is solved

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
aval57
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

wxwidgets 2.8.9 Devpak - build.cfg says 2.8.8

Post by aval57 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:04 pm

I just web-updated to the 2.8.9 devpak, but find the following in lib\msw\build.cfg:

Code: Select all

WXVER_MAJOR=2 
WXVER_MINOR=8 
WXVER_RELEASE=8 
?
-Bahman

tbreina

Post by tbreina » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:44 pm

I just added wxWidgets 2.8.10 devpaks to the WebUpdate. You might want to test those to see if things are correct.

Also, for Windows Vista users: UAC seems to be giving some headaches on updating devpaks. I would suggest that if you want to update devpaks, then run wxDev-C++ in Admin mode (right click on the icon, and select "Run as administrator"). I have updated PackMan's manifest file to automatically ask for the elevated permission, but if you aren't asked, then you'll need to use that work around. Otherwise, UAC might not delete/update/add your devpaks.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.

Dark Alchemist
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Dark Alchemist » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:10 pm

tbreina wrote:...Also, for Windows Vista users: UAC seems to be giving some headaches on updating devpaks. I would suggest that if you want to update devpaks, then run wxDev-C++ in Admin mode (right click on the icon, and select "Run as administrator"). I have updated PackMan's manifest file to automatically ask for the elevated permission, but if you aren't asked, then you'll need to use that work around. Otherwise, UAC might not delete/update/add your devpaks.

-Tony
Get used to this new way of doing things as W7 has UAC and it has the new scheme where you almost always have to be in admin mode to get most things done due to the new rights they enforce.

Windows 7 is due for release Oct 22, 2009.

aval57
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by aval57 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:58 pm

Thanks Tony, 2.8.10 devpak build.cfg is ok.

-Bahman