Client RC2 crash on re-start

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
wxLuis
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Client RC2 crash on re-start

Post by wxLuis »

Yesterday I Update to Client RC2 on Windows Vista Basic, I remove configuration files (*.ini) and the IDE when throught the initilization setup as usual, creating the cache and all that stuff. The IDE start very well and I reconfigure it to use VC2008 and was able to rebuild one project. I have to use the updater.exe file with the IDE shut off, because on Vista the replacement of files wxdevcpp.exe do not occurred if the IDE is turn on. Actually I have updated to wxWidgest 2.9 but the Webupdate program continues to show WxWidgets 2.9 as an update to be download. I shut off the IDE as usual but when I restarted it with the shorcut RC2 do not restart on my machine. Windows popup a message saying that something wrong is with the program and the IDE can not start. I have to reintall Client RC1 and it works nicely but RC2 do not.
buildere
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: Client RC2 crash on re-start

Post by buildere »

wxLuis wrote:Yesterday I Update to Client RC2 on Windows Vista Basic, I remove configuration files (*.ini) and the IDE when throught the initilization setup as usual, creating the cache and all that stuff. The IDE start very well and I reconfigure it to use VC2008 and was able to rebuild one project. I have to use the updater.exe file with the IDE shut off, because on Vista the replacement of files wxdevcpp.exe do not occurred if the IDE is turn on. Actually I have updated to wxWidgest 2.9 but the Webupdate program continues to show WxWidgets 2.9 as an update to be download. I shut off the IDE as usual but when I restarted it with the shorcut RC2 do not restart on my machine. Windows popup a message saying that something wrong is with the program and the IDE can not start. I have to reintall Client RC1 and it works nicely but RC2 do not.
Thanks, I think the problem is with Vista's folders virtualization. I'll try to find a solution before the final release.
tbreina

Re: Client RC2 crash on re-start

Post by tbreina »

wxLuis wrote:Actually I have updated to wxWidgest 2.9 but the Webupdate program continues to show WxWidgets 2.9 as an update to be download.
I think that is my fault. Can you go to the wxDev-C++ installation directory and look in the subdirectory "Packages". There are probably 2 ".entry" files for each of the wxWidgets devpaks. If so, you can just manually delete the ones that have "2.8.8" in them. Or, as a better solution, just uninstall the wxWidgets packages via the Package Manager, check the Packages directory to make sure that the wxWidgets .entry files have been deleted, and then use WebUpdate again to grab the wxWidgets devpaks.

Hopefully, the 2.8.9 devpaks will be the last ones with this problem.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.