wxDev-C++ Auto-completion incomplete! Topic is solved

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
irrdev
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

wxDev-C++ Auto-completion incomplete!

Post by irrdev »

First of all, this is not a question, but a suggestion for the IDE's improvement.

If you open Code::Blocks or VC++ and enter this line inside a function:

Code: Select all

int ALongNamedInteger;
Then if you begin typing this on the next line:

ALongNam
Code::Blocks or VC++ will bring up Auto-Completion("Intellisense") which will allow you to choose the closest matching property, in this case the integer ALongNamedInteger. This applies to everything from class declarations, pointers, integers, strings etc. In wxDev-C++ however, Auto-Completion only accesses members of classes and namespaces. In short, wxDev-C++'s Auto-Completion is only half as powerful as that of Code::Blocks or VC++. Are there any plans to change this? Are there reasons for having this implementation?
Just curious. :wink:
tbreina

Re: wxDev-C++ Auto-completion incomplete!

Post by tbreina »

irrdev wrote:First of all, this is not a question, but a suggestion for the IDE's improvement.
We're currently working on the plugin version of the IDE.
Joel and I will be revising the code completion soon (hopefully in the next 3 months). It's the next highest priority item on our long list of things to do.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
lowjoel
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by lowjoel »

We'll be abusing Delphi, quite literally, as we'd be doing quite a lot of complex stuff in it. I originally planned to do a hand-written RDP to do it (like Kdevelop, but unlike C::B which uses Ctags the last I checked), but now I am reconsidering bearing in mind that we will have our plugin architecture by then and I probably can write it in C++.

Joel
irrdev
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by irrdev »

Thanks a lot guys. I am glad to hear that plugin support is planned for the future. This will definitely bridge wxDev-C++'s current gaps and small inefficiencies.
ricky.shaw
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: wxDev-C++ Auto-completion incomplete!

Post by ricky.shaw »

irrdev wrote:First of all, this is not a question, but a suggestion for the IDE's improvement.

If you open Code::Blocks or VC++ and enter this line inside a function:

int ALongNamedInteger;
Then if you begin typing this on the next line:

ALongNam
Code::Blocks or VC++ will bring up Auto-Completion("Intellisense") which will allow you to choose the closest matching property, in this case the integer ALongNamedInteger.
hey i just use "ALongNam"cltr+space it bring down Auto-Completion("Intellisense") which will allow you to choose the closest matching property, in this case the integer ALongNamedInteger

i hope this was the answer u were looking for bcos it always work 4 me. :)