Exist version for Linux?

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
pumidru
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Exist version for Linux?

Post by pumidru » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:40 am

Exist version for Linux?

Tanks.

buildere
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by buildere » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:14 pm

Sorry, but the answer is no. I think it was almost working under Wine, if I recall correctly someone was working on that...

lowjoel

Post by lowjoel » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:20 am

Nope. No-one is supporting it. I'm not sure, but we *may* infringe an EULA or something if we purposefully get it to work on Linux. (maybe I got confused with the Microsoft VS EULA, which has such a clause, so don't quote me). But from a curious attempt by Tony surprisingly it works very well on Wine (with just a few minor UI bugs).

Joel

tbreina

Post by tbreina » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:22 am

Yes, I have gotten it to work under Wine with Fedora Core 6. I think Nuklear had some difficulties with another Linux flavor (maybe Ubuntu??), but I think his Wine version was older than mine. The only "problem" is that we'll need to get the project makefile to point to the wxGTK libraries, but this is easy with wx-config.

My Linux machine is a really old Pentium so I can't realy stress test how good the program works. If you want to give it a try, please let me know how it goes.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.

lowjoel

Post by lowjoel » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:55 am

Yep, you need to get the latest Wine. I tried it with Ubuntu though (their .deb was old). But as I said, we aren't officially supporting it

Joel

flyinggreg
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by flyinggreg » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:56 pm

tbreina wrote:Yes, I have gotten it to work under Wine with Fedora Core 6. I think Nuklear had some difficulties with another Linux flavor (maybe Ubuntu??), but I think his Wine version was older than mine. The only "problem" is that we'll need to get the project makefile to point to the wxGTK libraries, but this is easy with wx-config.

My Linux machine is a really old Pentium so I can't realy stress test how good the program works. If you want to give it a try, please let me know how it goes.

-Tony
How do you set it up with wx-config?

So far I got it installing under Ubuntu Feisty

tbreina

Post by tbreina » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:12 pm

flyinggreg wrote: How do you set it up with wx-config?
So far I got it installing under Ubuntu Feisty
Since we use MingW make, the makefiles we generate can be used with any platform that runs GNU make (with a few modifications). The makefile needs to be modified to reflect the wxWidgets directories on your new system, but otherwise are (pretty) generic. Note that you'll need to override the makefile wxDev-C++ uses with the one you modify (Project->Project Settings->Makefile->Use custom makefile)

wx-config helps you figure out what the library and include directories should be.

At the Linux shell prompt, type:

wx-config --cxx --cppflags

to get the C++ include directories and flags

wx-config --libs

to get the library directories and flags.

Eventually, I'll try building this into our makefiles to automatically probe the directories, but we're still involved in a major overhaul of the code and are in a holding pattern on new features.

Here's an example of a Makefile that works on my Fedora Core 6 box with wxGTK-2.6 (installed from rpms):

Code: Select all

# Project: Project1
# Compiler: Default GCC compiler
# Compiler Type: Fedora Core 6 Linux
# Makefile created by Tony for wxDev-C++ 6.10.1 on 17/12/06 17:02

CPP       = g++
CC        = gcc

OBJ       = Project1App.o Project1Frm.o 
LINKOBJ   = Project1App.o Project1Frm.o 

LIBS      = -pthread   -lwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6 -lwx_gtk2u_qa-2.6 -lwx_gtk2u_html-2.6 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-2.6 -lwx_gtk2u_core-2.6 -lwx_baseu_xml-2.6 -lwx_baseu_net-2.6 -lwx_baseu-2.6 

INCS      = -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.6 -I/usr/include/wx-2.6 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -D__WXGTK__ -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -DNO_GCC_PRAGMA  

CXXINCS   = -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.6 -I/usr/include/wx-2.6 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -D__WXGTK__ -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -DNO_GCC_PRAGMA  

RCINCS    = 
BIN       = Project1
DEFINES   = 

CXXFLAGS  = $(CXXINCS) $(DEFINES) 
CFLAGS    = $(INCS) $(DEFINES) 

GPROF     = /usr/bin/gprof
RM        = rm -f
LINK      = g++

.PHONY: all all-before all-after clean clean-custom

all: all-before $(BIN) all-after

clean: clean-custom
	$(RM) $(OBJ) $(BIN)

$(BIN): $(OBJ)
	$(LINK) $(LINKOBJ) -o "Project1" $(LIBS)

Project1App.o: $(GLOBALDEPS) Project1App.cpp Project1App.h Project1Frm.h
	$(CPP) -c Project1App.cpp -o Project1App.o $(CXXFLAGS)

Project1Frm.o: $(GLOBALDEPS) Project1Frm.cpp Project1Frm.h
	$(CPP) -c Project1Frm.cpp -o Project1Frm.o $(CXXFLAGS)
-Tony

p.s. Note that the line about windres isn't needed on non-Windows platforms. Just remove it from the makefile.
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.