wxGrid several minutes with 300.000 records Topic is solved

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
haroldjpa
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

wxGrid several minutes with 300.000 records

Post by haroldjpa » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:29 am

Hola

Estoy hacieno un programa con bases de datos y las tablas contienen muchos registros y al colocarlos en una wxGrid se demora 38 segundos para 300000 registros ( utilizo la misma forma como el ejemplo dbBrowse ) , alguno de ustedes conose algun sitio web donde muestren ejemplos de como usar bases de datos con wxWidgets ( algo asi como kirix strata pero con fuentes o ejemplos)
y si saben como se hace para subir ejemplos del uso de wxWidgets para que cualquiera los descargue.

Si sabes traducir esto al ingles te lo agradeceria ;)

Chao
Si sabes espa

FlyingIsFun1217
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:40 am

In AltaVista translated english:
Hello I am hacieno a program with data bases and the tables contain many registries and when placing them in one wxGrid is delayed 38 seconds for 300000 registries (I use the same form like the example dbBrowse), some of you conose algun Web site where they show examples of as using data bases with wxWidgets (something asi like kirix strata but with sources or examples) and if they know since it is made to raise examples of the use of wxWidgets so that anyone unloads them. If you know to translate this to ingles you agradeceria Ciao
FlyingIsFun1217

Sof_T
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Post by Sof_T » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:23 am

Hi

Try BeginBatch() before you start adding the records and EndBatch() when you finish.

Hasta Luego

Sof.T
The home of Sof.T http://www.sof-t.site88.net/
Author of Programming with wxDevC++
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxdevcpp-book/

Cheo
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by Cheo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:26 pm

Hola harold. Te puedo traducir al castellano.
Sof_T wrote:Hi

Try BeginBatch() before you start adding the records and EndBatch() when you finish.

Hasta Luego

Sof.T
Traducci

haroldjpa
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by haroldjpa » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:33 pm

English

Ok. I already used BeginBatch () and EndBatch () and if I work now it is of 16 seconds for such 300000 records.

I am going to try with multi threads to fill wxGrid more fast .

The English text in I understand it, which is not to write it well ;) Thanks anyway.

Espa
Si sabes espa