wxDev-C++ 6.10.1 released

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
robertjb20
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Adding static images

Post by robertjb20 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm

I have downloaded and installed the wxDev-C++ 6.10.1 release with the default installation pathways unchanged. I created a new wxFrame application, added a static bitmap control and specified an image using the Edit Image feature, and then saved the project. It loaded the image correctly but when I went to compile the application, it stated it could not find the file, "Images/FirstAttemptFrm_WxStaticBitmap1_XPM.xpm".

I checked the Images directory and lo and behold no file with the above name. I performed a search on my computer and I have no files with the extension "xpm".

I am using Windows XP Media edition SP2.

Please help. Thank you.

WenBin
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by WenBin » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:40 pm

when i use wxDev-C++, i have to log in windows. :?

robertjb20
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by robertjb20 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:46 pm

I am logged on as adminstrator in Windows so I have all the necessary permissions to create files, etc. Since this is one of the errors that was corrected in this version od wxDevC++, I am wondering if the changes were applied to the windows version. Since I am still having this problem, I am guessing not.

Thanks anyways for your reply. It is appreciated.

Scorpion
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

wxDevC++ Distro issue...

Post by Scorpion » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:47 am

I am not being overly critical, and understand that whether people want to belive it or not, web space is at a premium, but I have an issue with how wxDevC++ is distributed.

I think that one of the major roles in the life span of a product is the clear and defined accessibility to that product. This accessibility lends itself to the exposure and identity of the product as well. This ease of access will enable this community to thrive and reach proportions comparible to that of the likes of DevShed; etc. Some of those members have postings in the hundreds of thousands. That kind of exposure will exponentially turn this community into a torrent of knowledge and insite from all corners of the globe.

Distrubution is a critical aspect as it is the means of deliverables and must be micromanaged and sought after without mercy.

I appreciate the efforts that everyone has made in making wxDevC++ available, but the different distros scattered about has affected many others as-well-as myself.

Now, onto my suggestions:

1. There must be a single download page as a gateway page or an index with every available distro.

2. Each distro must have a description stating its development stage and the developers warnings/recommendations, like you all have already done previously.

3. Links should be available for every aspect of each distro like the usual bug fix status report, a link to the download page for that specific release only not a hodge podge of seperate releases all jumbled together.

The timely address of this issue will enliven the growth and awareness of the wxCommunity broadening its reach. This correction will also lighten the server loads due to centralized and focussed access to the necessary resources.

In the long-term: the reduction of overhead maintenance costs and the reduced learning curve with the product as tension and intimidation of the entire transaction decreases will become painfully evident. This entire process will solidify the longevity and prosperity of the wxWidgets line of products establishing a respectable commercial identity for the project.

You can't lose with my plan. Give it a go and see for yourself.

Good day!

p.s. If the mods or distro compiler/developers want a visual representation of the layout and schematic for the approach that I warrant please contact me via e-Mail:

[email protected]

My remitance/response will be in the .pdf file format and will include example page layouts with schematic.

p.s.s. I am not a salesman, so do not be afraid! :shock:

elduderino03
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by elduderino03 » Sun May 20, 2007 4:41 pm

robertbj20, I am having the same problem. I have a program that ran fine on wxdevcpp 6.9, but when I moved to 6.10, it began to have problems with xpm files just as you described. Does anyone have a suggestion?