IDE tutorials for wxWidgets

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
ding
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Please help me

Post by ding »

i have try the guru example but it doesn't seen to be compiling
this is the page, http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/

the example which i try is http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/tutorial/wxopengl.html

i try downloading his example but it say [Build error] [Project 1.exe] Error 1
ding
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

can anyone please submit more tutorial on designing a graph

Post by ding »

Is designing a 3D graph possible for this wx application, it seen hard and i really need help!

I only know c programming but new to wx programming, i need to master it fast to complete my project on designing a graph for 2D or 3D application.

Thanks for submitting this tutorial, it work and really help a lot
http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/tutorial/ ... mal-1.html
Bleu Raeder
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by Bleu Raeder »

I know that there is a book on wxWidgets, but has anyone offered to write a book on wx-devcpp? If not, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring.
buildere
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by buildere »

Bleu Raeder wrote:I know that there is a book on wxWidgets, but has anyone offered to write a book on wx-devcpp? If not, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring.
No, please go ahead. I'd suggest that you make it a PDF, since wxdevcpp changes so fast, it would make not much sense to "print" it IMO. A good place to start is compile all the tutorials-FAQs and update'em.
Bleu Raeder
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by Bleu Raeder »

buildere wrote:
Bleu Raeder wrote:I know that there is a book on wxWidgets, but has anyone offered to write a book on wx-devcpp? If not, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring.
No, please go ahead. I'd suggest that you make it a PDF, since wxdevcpp changes so fast, it would make not much sense to "print" it IMO. A good place to start is compile all the tutorials-FAQs and update'em.
I know that it is changing rapidly, but as a stable version approaches a good book might be something that could be sold to support the effort. I guess it could be done electronically, donate and get to download the PDF kind of thing.

Anyhow, I'll try to get things arranged and see what I can do about starting this project.
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

I know that it is changing rapidly, but as a stable version approaches a good book might be something that could be sold to support the effort. I guess it could be done electronically, donate and get to download the PDF kind of thing.
God love you! We really do need people willing to do more documentation. An easy start might be just a "book" of tutorials. We could really use tutorials on how to use sizers and how to use the gdb debugger from within wxdevcpp. Of course, whatever you want to do will certainly be a big help.

Thanks in advance.
-Tony

p.s. There should be a 6.9 alpha installer out by Monday (alpha try #2). If it tests out ok, look for 6.9beta release a week from then.
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
Bleu Raeder
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by Bleu Raeder »

tbreina wrote:
God love you! We really do need people willing to do more documentation. An easy start might be just a "book" of tutorials. We could really use tutorials on how to use sizers and how to use the gdb debugger from within wxdevcpp. Of course, whatever you want to do will certainly be a big help.

Thanks in advance.
-Tony

p.s. There should be a 6.9 alpha installer out by Monday (alpha try #2). If it tests out ok, look for 6.9beta release a week from then.
Cool. Tutorials are great, no doubt. But they are just in limited number. For instance, my post on knowing (or not knowing) about the 'Items' in the properties of a combo box is just one of those things that others might struggle with.

For those who have done tutorials, can I include them in the publication? If so, I need some author info so that proper credit can be given.
NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL »

Bleu Raeder wrote:For those who have done tutorials, can I include them in the publication? If so, I need some author info so that proper credit can be given.
Yeah, you can include and update mine. Just let me know what you need to know.

I am also planning on getting back to my second tutorial shortly, so you'll have even more work.
Follow the development of my screenplay authoring program at http://wxscreenplaywriter.blogspot.com/
Bleu Raeder
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by Bleu Raeder »

Cool, I haven;t decided my exact approach, but consolidating some tutorials will be first on the list. I know that there are some common issues, things like how to plan an application or what all those files are for, that need to be covered in the context of wx-devcpp. I am looking forward to the challenge.
Bleu Raeder
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by Bleu Raeder »

Sorry for the lack of communication, that darned real job just keeps getting in the way.
ding
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by ding »

Don't worry everything is going fine
Bleu Raeder
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by Bleu Raeder »

Howdy to all!

I am on the first day at a new job, and that plus moving has caused most of the delays. I expect that I will be able to attack the tutorials more now that I am getting settled in.