IDE tutorials for wxWidgets

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:45 pm

metalogic wrote:If NinjaNL is located outside the US then he had the spelling right.
British (Hartlepool) born and bred (but currently living in the Netherlands (hence the NL)
Follow the development of my screenplay authoring program at http://wxscreenplaywriter.blogspot.com/

ross
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by ross » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:04 am

Hi NinjaNl,

I'd like to contribute to the tutorials by adding an one on OpenGl. Any guide lines for me to follow regarding this? Also do you have any tips, ie straight HTML or start from something like word and then convert it? Finally who do I send it to for hosting?

Cheers
Ross

NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:12 am

ross wrote:I'd like to contribute to the tutorials by adding an one on OpenGl.

From within wxDevCpp? Cool!
ross wrote:Any guide lines for me to follow regarding this?
I think the best is to do how I did it, write the tutorial as you go through the motions, so that you don't forget anything. It is so easy to write down how you THINK you did something, but only later do you realise that you forgot something. Also do lots of screen captures, of the salient points. As the tutorial progresses, you could then reduce these to reflect what the reader has learned up to that point.
ross wrote: Also do you have any tips, ie straight HTML or start from something like word and then convert it?
I use Amaya for writing the tutorial, and SnagIt for doing the screen capturing. Amaya is free, and SnagIt has a full featured demo with save ability.
ross wrote: Finally who do I send it to for hosting?
upCASE may host it for you, and if it is directly related to wxDevCpp (instead of a general wxWidgets and OpenGL tutorial) then contact Guru or Tony and it could be hosted on Sourceforge as mine now is, or even distributed with the wxDevCpp download (again, as mine is).

Good Luck, I look foward to seeing it.
Follow the development of my screenplay authoring program at http://wxscreenplaywriter.blogspot.com/

gururamnath

Post by gururamnath » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:34 pm

ross wrote:,

I'd like to contribute to the tutorials by adding an one on OpenGl. Any guide lines for me to follow regarding this? Also do you have any tips, ie straight HTML or start from something like word and then convert it? Finally who do I send it to for hosting?

Cheers
Ross
Thanks for giving those information NinjaNl.

You can just use a RTF editor or what ever format you are comfortable with and send them to me. I can make the necessary changes and add them to the wx-devcpp site.
I'm planning to add a seperate section for tutorials and hope more people can add their stuff to it.

I already have one tutorial , but it was not visible to the webpage surfers.

http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/tutorial/wx-vc2003.htm

I'll make a separate page for it in couple of days and let you guys know about it.

Thanks,

Guru

ross
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by ross » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:22 pm

Thanks NinjaNL & Guru,

I'll get started. :D

Ross

gururamnath

Post by gururamnath » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:37 am

Hi Ross,
We'll look forward to see your tutorials :o)

-Guru Kathiresan

Bronx
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by Bronx » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:32 pm

I've got a problem:

After having created the statusbar, the menu and an onmenu-event, the compiler says:
`Mnuexit1005Click' is not a member of `Project1Frm'

and
[Build Error] [ProjectFrm.o] Error 1

Can u help me? :cry:

Ric
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by Ric » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:55 am

I'm new to programing and wxDevC is a huge headstart! thanks guys:)
I am currently working on a second tutorial, "creating wxWordPad - extending the minimal sample"
Are you still working on that ?

NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:28 am

Ric wrote:I'm new to programing and wxDevC is a huge headstart! thanks guys:)
I am currently working on a second tutorial, "creating wxWordPad - extending the minimal sample"
Are you still working on that ?
Yep, got a bit sidetracked with other stuff, but will return to it this week, I want it finished soon. I included reading rtf files into a text control (although this is just text, currently no imageS) and printing. Once I get into image loading into a textcontrol, then it should be ready to publish. I sound almost like a real author here.

NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:29 am

Bronx wrote:I've got a problem:

After having created the statusbar, the menu and an onmenu-event, the compiler says:

and

Not without seeing the project. You could send it to me here ([email protected]) and I'll see what the problem is.

GianT
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by GianT » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:15 am

Bronx wrote:I've got a problem:

and

Did you create all this by yourself (I mean did you write the code) or did you use wxDev-Cpp designer? If you wrote the code yourself, I wold say that your function Mnuexit1005Click has not been declared in Project1Frm.h.
But you'd better post the code as NinjaNL said.
P.S: don't post it here, but in the forum as a new topic

tInO
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Thanks a lot!!!

Post by tInO » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:52 pm

I'm a total biginner here. The tutorial helped a lot. I just joined today. I guess I will be borrowing you guys help a lot. :D
Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. (Werner von Braun)

titainium
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Thanks a lot

Post by titainium » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:33 am

Thanks a lot :shock:
Titainium

parasito
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Sizers tutorial

Post by parasito » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:25 pm

Hi all!!!

I'm starting developing with wxDevCpp and I like it very much, but I have a small problem, I'm lost with sizers. I think sizers are very powerfull and would like to use them in my layout, thats why I ask if there is any tutorial with small examples of sizers.

Is there any sizers tutorial with wxDevCpp? If there is no one, I think it would be a great idea to be done.

Thanks!

Dark Alchemist
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: Sizers tutorial

Post by Dark Alchemist » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:00 pm

parasito wrote:Hi all!!!

I'm starting developing with wxDevCpp and I like it very much, but I have a small problem, I'm lost with sizers. I think sizers are very powerfull and would like to use them in my layout, thats why I ask if there is any tutorial with small examples of sizers.

Is there any sizers tutorial with wxDevCpp? If there is no one, I think it would be a great idea to be done.

Thanks!
Yes, I am so lost with them as well. I thought they would work one way then I tried them and not what I had expected at all.

A good doc on this would be most welcomed for wx-devcpp