wxDev-C++problem with the compiler set

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
liowan
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

wxDev-C++problem with the compiler set

Post by liowan »

I just downloaded the wxDev-C++ web installer and gave it a go. Immediately, I got a problem with the compiler set. The default compiler set has set itself to Default Digital Mars C++compile. I can't get away from this compiler set. When I change it to GCC, as soon as I close the window, it resets to the Mars compiler. Furthermore, when I try to compile a basic wxWidgets app, it fails - Build Error. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
doublemax

Re: wxDev-C++problem with the compiler set

Post by doublemax »

AFAIK wxDev-C++ is pretty old and not maintained any longer (someone correct me if this is wrong).
I suggest to use another IDE, like Code::Blocks or CodeLite

For Code::Blocks you'll find good starting guides here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47233
Use the source, Luke!
liowan
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by liowan »

I'd really like to use the Embarcadero Dev C compiler, but I can't get it to work neither.
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

AFAIK support for Borland compilers was dropped a while ago due to lack of interest. You'd have to make the necessary changes to the wx sources yourself.
Use the source, Luke!
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

As I wrote in the other OP's thread, Embarcadero Dev-C++ seems to use MinGW 9.2: https://www.embarcadero.com/free-tools/ ... e-download

However, that MiNGW version has issues with wxWidgets.

Anyway, it should be easy to set-up a project in any IDE, wxWidgets is just any other compiled C++ library.