licence de wxWidgets et ses obligations Topic is solved

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
kikilabe
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

licence de wxWidgets et ses obligations

Post by kikilabe »

Hello my name is kiba and I am new to wxWidgets or wxWidgets.

I would like to know something about wxWidgets license and its obligations.

I am also new to programming.

If for example I created an application and my license is private is it compulsory to pay to have the license.

If for example I created an application and my license is commercial, is it compulsory to pay to have the commercial license.

I can know how to choose the type of license in an application for example I use << wxAboutDialogInfo >> and if I say << Getlicence >> it displays << Setlicence >> it is necessary to enter a text, I can get it Is it like that or did I do it wrong

Info: the version of wxWidgets 3.0 or 3.1.4 others appeared difficult so I started with version 2.8.12

c++ avec wxWidgets :D :D :D
Bonjours je m'appelle kiba et je suis nouveau en wxWidgets ou wxWidgets.

je voudrais savoir des chose a propos de licence de wxWidgets et ses obligations.

je suis également débutant dans le programmation :oops: :oops: :oops:

:oops: :oops:

Si par exemple je créé un application et que mon licence est privée est-il obligatoire de payes pour avoir la licence .

Si par exemple je créé un application et que mon licence est commercial est-il obligatoire de payes pour avoir la licence commercial .

Je peux savoir comment choisir le type de licence dans une application par exemple moi j'utiliser << wxAboutDialogInfo >> et si je dis << Getlicence >> ça afficher << Setlicence >> il faut entre un texte, je pige est-ce que cest comme ça ou est-ce que j'ai mal fait

Info : la version de wxWidgets 3.0 ou 3.1.4 autres mon apparu difficile donc j'ai commence par la version 2.8.12

Merci D'avance
Last edited by DavidHart on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to add google translation
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: licence de wxWidgets et ses obligations

Post by PB »

AFAIK, wxWidgets uses its own licence, which is basically modified LGPL.

In other words, you do not have to pay, regardless if your application is free or commercial. You also do not have to publish the source of your application. See http://wxwidgets.org/docs/faq/general/#licence

I strongly recommend to start with a supported version of wxWidgets, i.e., the version 3 one. Version 2.8 is obsolete and unsupported. What did you find difficult about using the supported version?
Last edited by PB on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
catalin

Post by catalin »

Hi Kiba,

[You probably won't find many users around here that will answer you in French]

You are allowed to create your closed source app with private license, or commercial license, or any other kind, and there is nothing to pay for using wxWidgets.

You don't set a type of license in wxAboutDialogInfo. You just set the text of the license, and you define its purpose, permissions, restrictions there. There's nothing more to it (unless I've missed your point here).

Info: as a beginner, at least with wxWidgets, you should start with the highest version available. Today, that would be 3.1.4. Also, there is absolutely no reason for you to back as far as 2.8.12, and personally I strongly advice against that.
kikilabe
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by kikilabe »

honnêtement j'ai essayé une fois de faire un application avec la version 3.1.4 et ça na pas marche puis j'ai pas trouve des Didacticiel pour la version 3.1.4 et même pour les autres sauf la version 2.8.12 donc je me suis dit d'apprendre la version 2.8
après tu pourrais aller vers haut 3.0 3.1

Merci d'avance

translated message

honestly I tried once to make an application with version 3.1.4 and it didn't work then I couldn't find Tutorials for version 3.1.4 and even for others except version 2.8.12 so I am told to learn version 2.8
then you could go up 3.0 3.1

thank you in advance
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
What problems issues did you face with the version 3.1.4?
Please try again and post here with any problems you will have so we can help you resolve them.

Also, it would be nice to know what platform/compiler you will be using, so that we can direct you accordingly and helpyou resolve all issues with the 3.1.4.

Thank you.

P.S.: There is one person who speaks French on this forum. You will have much better chance of getting helpif you just post in English and omit the French portion all-together.
kikilabe
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by kikilabe »

thank you for your reply

Honest, I haven't tried version 3.1.4 too much because I haven't found a tutorial that explains me. except I found tutorials for version 2.8.12, then I told myself that version 2.8.12 is simpler than version 3.1.4 and even for 3.0. you advise me to leave version 2.8.12 and change to 3.1.4

info: message translate by Google translate. C ++ Windows 8.1 vc ++ 12 :D :D

thank you in advance
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
The issue is that with every release you will get a bunch of bug fixes and new features.
Also keep in mind that version 2.8.12 is really, really outdated - it is released approximately 10 years ago or even further away.
Remember - if something doesn't work in 2.8.12 - chances are it is fixed in the latest release.
There are huge number of fixes in the latest version and a lot of new features.

On top of that it is easier to work with the latest release (3.1.4) than with 2.8 series.

Open the appropriate solution from wxWidgets\build\msw (wx_vcN.sln).
Compile it as Debug, Static).
Create a new project in MSVC.
Close the project
Copy wxwidgets.props file to the directory of the new project.
Open the project back up.
Start writing the code.

I don't think it requires any tutorial. ;-)

If you get stuck with something - check the appropriate sample first.
If it still doesn't work - ask here on the forum.

So, all in all, get the version 3.1.4 and give it a spin.
Remember - we are all here to help, especially newcomers.

Thank you.
kikilabe
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by kikilabe »

thank you for your reply. I was unable to compile version 3.1.4. but I received on version 3.5
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
Did you get any error(s) compiling the library itself or your code?
If yes -could you please post them.

And there is no version 3.5. You probably meant 3.1.5 wich is the latest master, right?

Thank you.
kikilabe
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by kikilabe »

Hello yes i encountered errors while compiling libraries, it told me i couldn't find wx .. 3.1.4 lib even though it had just started compiling i fixed the problem by setting wxavd first and compilation was successful, when we open the solution there are 24 wxhtml, wxnet, .... folders, the first one is cusmbo I think, so I just cancel the compilation of wxcusmbo and so I have 23 folders in the folder created by vc ++ / buil / msw / vsmud / la,

I tested the libraries and it works without problem. I'm sorry I forgot the name of wx ... 3.1.4 no I don't think it's 3.1.5 but I'd rather say it's 3.0.5

In version 3.1.4, is it possible to create Android applications?

I am really really sorry to answer you so late I have an internal connection problem so I am not always connected

I sincerely thank you
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
That's OK - for being late.

No Android is unfortunately not supported.
You can try an experimental Android branch from the GSOC couple of years ago, but it is not inside the mainline of the library.

If you want to try it - Google the wxWidgets Android and hopefully you will get the info on how to build the library and the application.

Also, it would be nice if you can try to grab the latest sources and try to build them again in your environment.
And if you hit any errors - post them here.

That way we will know what the problem is and will be able to solve it for everybody benefits.

Thank you.
kikilabe
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by kikilabe »

Good evening thank you for the answer for wxAndroid it's a bit complicated I give up for now I thought it was like other Windows applications seen that in include it has a folder called Android but after doing some research you have to install Android sdk or other sdk Can I find tutorials to learn how to use libraries or even a website because sometimes the lib is a bit difficult for me?

thank you in advance
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
As I said - Android is highly experimental.
Try googling "android wxWidgets".

Thank you.
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

IMHO the Android port for wxWidgets is pretty much useless except for very simple demos. Your best chance to use wxWidgets on Android would be via wxQT. But even this is probably non-trivial:
https://github.com/reingart/wxWidgets/w ... droidNotes
Use the source, Luke!
kikilabe
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by kikilabe »

doublemax wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:45 pm IMHO the Android port for wxWidgets is pretty much useless except for very simple demos. Your best chance to use wxWidgets on Android would be via wxQT. But even this is probably non-trivial:
https://github.com/reingart/wxWidgets/w ... droidNotes

wxQt est QtCreator. je pensais qu'il était différent.
You need to download Qt creator no, but Qtcreator is different from wxWindow.

Is Qt Creator related in any way to wxWindow?

I just downloaded the Android studio?
when do you think android studio can create android apps using wxwindow and c ++

thank you in advance