licence de wxWidgets et ses obligations Topic is solved

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: licence de wxWidgets et ses obligations

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
You don't need QtCreator for that.
However you do need Qt.
Then build the library with Qt option turned on.

Thank you.
kikilabe
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by kikilabe »

ONEEYEMAN wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:16 pm Hi,
You don't need QtCreator for that.
However you do need Qt.
Then build the library with Qt option turned on.

Thank you.

Hi and thank you for your reply.

You can tell me more about how to do it. I don't really understand wxandroid, more people advise me not to use wxwindow on Android.

are you using wxandroid?

if possible, detail me how to do the compilation

thank you in advance
kikilabe
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by kikilabe »

good evening everyone I have a problem understanding wxwindow sometimes i don't understand what it is and the code itself to learn the libraries I analyze the wxwindow examples but sometimes I don't understand the examples I searched all websites for examples of wxwindow that I did not find in short if you have tutorials or projects already carried out or even that you know websites do not hesitate i use msvc ++ 2012 wxwindow 3.0.5 and wxwindow 3.1.4
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

H,
1. All I can say - don't use wxAndroid.
This port is about 1/10 ready if not less.

Basically all it can do is to create a frame and, possibly, a dialog.
And maybe handle some events.

So very, very basic stuff.

If you really, really, really want - you can try wxQt on Android, but it is not ready neither.
It will require a lot of work to make the actual wxQt port to be completed.

2. What exactly you don't understand? You have to be more specific in order for people to help you.
Check the documentation, build and run samples.
Pick up some project and start the coding. When you got stuck - post here or on the wx-users ML.
People in this community are amazing and fast.

Thank you.
catalin

Post by catalin »

kikilabe wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:50 pm I have a problem understanding wxwindow sometimes i don't understand what it is and the code itself to learn the libraries I analyze the wxwindow examples but sometimes I don't understand the examples
Please open new conversations for different topics.
kikilabe
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by kikilabe »

ONEEYEMAN wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:16 pm H,

If you really, really, really want - you can try wxQt on Android, but it is not ready neither.

2. What exactly you don't understand? You have to be more specific in order for people to help you.
Pick up some project and start the coding. When you got stuck - post here or on the wx-users ML.

Thank you.
I use google translate so if some word is weird try to see another way
I don't like to write long messages because the translation is poorly translated

thank you for your reply
the wxWidgets examples are not all the same some are easy to understand and some are not as they are done in one file and the examples are not complete
for example the Animate project is just for the wxAnimate class nothing else

and then I would say the examples are for people who know things about wxWidgets
unlike me I don't know much

Yes I did tests every day from morning to night I am in front of my computer because I like to program
I don't limit myself sometimes I can't sleep at night it's a real passion for me

my problem is to understand
I can create an empty window after adding a wxBoxsizer a button everything is ok there is no problem but when I want to position my button I cannot do it correctly whereas version 2.8.12 was simple I think the sizer has had a big change

and the wxHtml or wxListctrl I don't understand

I searched the internet and websites for complete projects
who use wxWidgets for analysis and learn how they did it and how they got there

I again searched the internet for tutorials and projects on websites, only found tutorials for version 2.6
and books for sale

I used to follow a site that explained C ++ programming and wxWidegts 2.8.12 this is what my strength remains on version 2.8.12
how i change the version i can't find any tutorial
I think you understand you need to know what you are doing in the code
so if i follow the examples i wouldn't know how this class works and how to use it
you have to know in theory and do it in practice

in short summary
if you have projects already carried out do not hesitate to say so and if you know of a website do not hesitate either

thanks for your understanding
kikilabe
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by kikilabe »

catalin wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:41 am
kikilabe wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:50 pm I have a problem understanding wxwindow sometimes i don't understand what it is and the code itself to learn the libraries I analyze the wxwindow examples but sometimes I don't understand the examples
Please open new conversations for different topics.
sorry i forgot and thanks for your advice
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
kikilabe wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:58 am
ONEEYEMAN wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:16 pm H,

Thank you.
I use google translate so if some word is weird try to see another way
I don't like to write long messages because the translation is poorly translated
That's OK. I can understand you.
Out of curiosity - what is your native tongue?
kikilabe wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:58 am thank you for your reply
the wxWidgets examples are not all the same some are easy to understand and some are not as they are done in one file and the examples are not complete
for example the Animate project is just for the wxAnimate class nothing else
Don't try to just read the code.
Build and run the samples. Play with them. Try to understand what each sample/control do and how.
Look at the docs and check the sample code.
kikilabe wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:58 am and then I would say the examples are for people who know things about wxWidgets
unlike me I don't know much
Completely not true.
Maybe you are not well versed in C++?
kikilabe wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:58 am Yes I did tests every day from morning to night I am in front of my computer because I like to program
I don't limit myself sometimes I can't sleep at night it's a real passion for me

my problem is to understand
I can create an empty window after adding a wxBoxsizer a button everything is ok there is no problem but when I want to position my button I cannot do it correctly whereas version 2.8.12 was simple I think the sizer has had a big change
You should always use sizers.
Even if you are working under platform, there is a resolution change, different monitors, configuration changes, different themes... etcf.
Absolute positioning most likely will not handle them properly.

So forget about absolute positioning/sizing. Use sizers for everything - every possible layout can be made using different sizers.
kikilabe wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:58 am and the wxHtml or wxListctrl I don't understand
what exactly is your problem with those? Be as specific as possible.
I would not spend too much on wxHTML as it doesn't handle HTML5.
Look at wxWebView.
kikilabe wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:58 am I searched the internet and websites for complete projects
who use wxWidgets for analysis and learn how they did it and how they got there
All those projects is done the sane way - check the samples and documentation.
kikilabe wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:58 am I again searched the internet for tutorials and projects on websites, only found tutorials for version 2.6
and books for sale

I used to follow a site that explained C ++ programming and wxWidegts 2.8.12 this is what my strength remains on version 2.8.12
how i change the version i can't find any tutorial
I think you understand you need to know what you are doing in the code
so if i follow the examples i wouldn't know how this class works and how to use it
you have to know in theory and do it in practice
There should be no difference between the code that based on 2.8 and 3.1.
What is the problem when you tried to upgrade your code?
kikilabe wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:58 am in short summary
if you have projects already carried out do not hesitate to say so and if you know of a website do not hesitate either

thanks for your understanding
Like I said - please explain which problem did you encounter when upgrading your code?
And what is a miss in sample/documentation you do not understand?

Thank you.
kikilabe
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by kikilabe »

Hello and thank you for your answer French language in fact version 2.8.12 is not too compatible with 3.1 examples are difficult for me it's true that I'm not too expert in c ++ I was hoping to find projects already done that I could redo it in code or websites explaining how wxWindow works I just found a website that explains wxWindow and its features but with short access if you have tutorials in any language please tell me feel free

thank you in advance