Strange problem with wxExecute and CDB.EXE

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
DebugBSD
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Strange problem with wxExecute and CDB.EXE

Post by DebugBSD »

Hi, Good morning!

I'm trying to integrate CDB.exe into my program with wxProcess and wxExecute and I don't understand what's going on. The thing is, when I call wxExecute with cdb.exe as argument, the whole window is freezed. I mean, the windows seems to work propertly but I cannot do anything. I can't click on menus, I can't type on the wxTextCtrl (m_pInTextCtrl), I can't do anything. I get this strange problem just with cdb.exe. I have written a small application called ECHO which responds correctly so I think the problem is related to the CDB and I don't know why. I suppose that the problem is related to the fact that CDB has inserted a breakpoint into the debugee so the application (CDB) has stopped working but I don't understand why if the CDB is running asynchronously, the whole program doesn't respond anymore. Maybe you could unearth some light into this because I don't know what to do.

I have written a small application (See Adjoint) to show the problem.
I haven't included the ECHO source code because I think is not needed but I could include in case you need it.

Sorry, I forget to say that I'm using wxWidgets 3.1.4 on Windows and my IDE is Visual Studio 2019.

Thank you so much in advance and have a nice day!
Guille
Attachments
TestWxWidgets.cpp
(4.64 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
Happy Hacking