wxlua grid freeze columns

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
dnalor
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxlua grid freeze columns

Post by dnalor » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:26 pm

Hello,
I'm not sure, if my issue is at the right place here. It is indeed an old question and I found a post from 2009 but no answer to it: I have a panel with a wxGrid control on it running under wxlua. I would like to be able to "freeze" certain rows and columns, so that the scroll bars move other cells, but not these (like freeze panes in MS Excel). I had no success on trying to call methods like 'grid:freezeCols(...)' - they don't exist.

Does the absence of answers to this 11 year old post mean that there is no solution to this problem?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

Best regards
dnalor

PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: wxlua grid freeze columns

Post by PB » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:08 pm

wxGrid supports freezing rows and columns since wxWidgets 3.1.3, released last fall. However, I have no idea if wxLua has been updated to this version.

EDIT
I do not use Lua but it seems this one is the maintained one and I could not find any mention of the new wxGrid methods there. But I may have missed them...