codeblocks::wxwidgets effectiveness Topic is solved

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
Emerald2240
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

codeblocks::wxwidgets effectiveness

Post by Emerald2240 »

Hello I'm a begginer rank wxwidgets programmer, I use codeblocks as my playground,
Recently I've been asking myself some questions! If using codeblocks drag n drop version of wxwidgets was effective? I admit from experience and all the tutorials I've read I think you're meant to actually write all the code on your own!
My point is: I used codeblocks throughout my training with wxwidgets but I'm starting to wonder if its the best for a long term career in it
My question is: is it best to keep learning with codeblocks' drag n drop or to start from scratch and learn the actual coding processes
I need advice!
doublemax

Re: codeblocks::wxwidgets effectiveness

Post by doublemax »

Ask 4 different people and you get 5 different answers :)

Personally i think it's important to know all the basics first, but for beginners it's also important to keep the motivation high by quickly seeing some progress.

If you're happy with your current progress, keep doing that. Deeper knowledge comes on its own sooner or later.
Use the source, Luke!
Emerald2240
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Re: codeblocks::wxwidgets effectiveness

Post by Emerald2240 »

doublemax wrote:Ask 4 different people and you get 5 different answers :)

Personally i think it's important to know all the basics first, but for beginners it's also important to keep the motivation high by quickly seeing some progress.

If you're happy with your current progress, keep doing that. Deeper knowledge comes on its own sooner or later.
Thanks very much!!! :D