Why there is no compiled WxWidgets version?

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
xaviou
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: Why there is no compiled WxWidgets version?

Postby xaviou » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:38 pm

gtafan wrote:Yes I prefer to get the sorces, or to be more precise headers, from the official site and avoid git.

git is not mandatory : I also provide a sources archive.

gtafan wrote:Is there some kind of reedmee about how to bring the sorces and this compiled libs together, so it´ll worck in Code Blocks?

I wrote a small article on how to install these libs : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/article/built ... stall.html
Just follow it and don't hesitate to ask if it needs more precise informations.

Regards
Xav'
My wxWidgets stuff web page : [email protected]'s wxStuff

gtafan
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Postby gtafan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:37 am

xaviou wrote:
gtafan wrote:Yes I prefer to get the sorces, or to be more precise headers, from the official site and avoid git.

git is not mandatory : I also provide a sources archive.

gtafan wrote:Is there some kind of reedmee about how to bring the sorces and this compiled libs together, so it´ll worck in Code Blocks?

I wrote a small article on how to install these libs : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/article/built ... stall.html
Just follow it and don't hesitate to ask if it needs more precise informations.

Regards
Xav'

Thanks.

gtafan
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Postby gtafan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:49 am

xaviou wrote:Hi.
eranon wrote:There are compiled wxWidgets available on the wxWidgets website (see the "Binaries" section): https://www.wxwidgets.org/downloads/

And if the choice you have using this link, you can have a look here : you will be able to download differents configurations that can be installed in one time.

Regards
Xav'

Posibly i am just to stupied, but i have extracted the content of the lib folder of "wxWidgets-3.0.4-gcc510TDM-x64-32bits-Static-Monolibs.7z" to the lib folder of "wxWidgets-3.0.4". However when I try to start a wxwidgets project in CodeBlocks I am geting an error mesage:

What have I done wrong?

xaviou
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Postby xaviou » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:35 pm

Hi
gtafan wrote:Posibly i am just to stupied, but i have extracted the content of the lib folder of "wxWidgets-3.0.4-gcc510TDM-x64-32bits-Static-Monolibs.7z" to the lib folder of "wxWidgets-3.0.4". However when I try to start a wxwidgets project in CodeBlocks I am geting an error mesage:

What have I done wrong?

I agree it's not very clear in the installation article.
If you want to use the downloaded libs "as is", you must specify the "Configuration" field of C::B project wizard.
It must contain "32" or "64" for 32 or 64 bits multi-libs and "32_Mono" or "64_Mono" for monolithics libs.

If you want to get rid of that, just rename the lib folder after extraction (it must be something like "WX_INSTALL_DIR\lib\gcc_lib\" or "WX_INSTALL_DIR\lib\gcc_dll").

Hope it'll help. : if not, don't hesitate to re-ask...

Regards
Xav'
My wxWidgets stuff web page : [email protected]'s wxStuff

gtafan
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Postby gtafan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:23 am

xaviou wrote:Hi
gtafan wrote:Posibly i am just to stupied, but i have extracted the content of the lib folder of "wxWidgets-3.0.4-gcc510TDM-x64-32bits-Static-Monolibs.7z" to the lib folder of "wxWidgets-3.0.4". However when I try to start a wxwidgets project in CodeBlocks I am geting an error mesage:

What have I done wrong?

I agree it's not very clear in the installation article.
If you want to use the downloaded libs "as is", you must specify the "Configuration" field of C::B project wizard.
It must contain "32" or "64" for 32 or 64 bits multi-libs and "32_Mono" or "64_Mono" for monolithics libs.

If you want to get rid of that, just rename the lib folder after extraction (it must be something like "WX_INSTALL_DIR\lib\gcc_lib\" or "WX_INSTALL_DIR\lib\gcc_dll").

Hope it'll help. : if not, don't hesitate to re-ask...

Regards
Xav'

Thanks for the answer, at the end I had to build everithing myself, which took me at least an hour again. I had already tried to rename it to "WX_INSTALL_DIR\lib\gcc_lib\", but didn´t help. Posibly the gcc version wasn´t exactly the same, have to check that.

Return to “General Development”