UI Designer for VC++ would be the killer app for wxWidgets

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.

VC++ GUI designer plug-in a good idea?

definitely
58%
maybe
26%
nah
16%

Total votes: 19

2-Penneth-Worth
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by 2-Penneth-Worth »

GCC is a great compiler and it is free!!

As for size a -s to the linker strips out unneccessary symbols and reduces the exe considerably.

I have to say I have been using GCC 3.4.2 for a couple of weeks now in Linux, and cant say I noticed a huge difference in compile speeds, where unfortunately where GCC really lags big time

Standard win32 project with a menu, icon and cursor takes almost 2 minutes on GCC compared with 13 seconds using DMC and 38 seconds with OW 1.3

None the less GCC is an excellent tool, and will teach you a great deal about programming in the process.

For those who are looking for an alternative cross platform compiler, may I humbly suggest www.openwatcom.org

It has an amazing suite of development tools, the IDE is a little ugly but includes a complete resource editor and compiler and works with Linux Mac Windows so far, but is a lot faster than GCC

Cheers