wxTE_RIGHT in wxTextCtrl and/or wxSpinCtrl

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
dsilvia
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

wxTE_RIGHT in wxTextCtrl and/or wxSpinCtrl

Post by dsilvia »

I'm stuck and possilby a bit thick headed. I want to specify right alignment/justification within a spinner. I'm willing to use wxTextCtrl with a wxSpinButton, but I'd rather a wxSpinCtrl. I know I can modify the creation and OR in wxTE_RIGHT for style in the wxTextCtrl, but I'd rather do it after creation (the IDE splats over the top of the creation, so I'd have to modify each and every time I redid the design :-({|= ). As far as wxSpinCtrl goes, there seems to be no way to change the alignment/justification that I can find.

I've dug into the code, and most of it is protected, so it cannot be accessed by my code easily.

I'm a C person by nature/training/occupation, so I'm not the greatest at C++, though I'm not entirely ignorant.

If someone could point me to a possible solution? Again, I want to modify alignment/justification in the displayed text in a spin button type of configuration, not at creation, but after. I'm using Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2-wx-beta-6.7, but I've run into the same problem with IDE's like DialogBlocks. It's not the IDE, it's a question of wxWidgets implementation that I need help with.

thx,
Dave S.