wxWidgets with xmlrpc [OT] ?

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
slup
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxWidgets with xmlrpc [OT] ?

Post by slup » Tue May 17, 2005 2:04 pm

Well, in my little Project i'm working atm i have my clientside Programm which connects to a Database + PHP Frontend Hostet by a Friend, i decided to use xmlrpc for this, but i'm just slowly gettin into it, and i do not really know how to do it.

Anyone knows how to use xmlrpc, i've read several tutorials but i dont gettin the idea, for example, when i send a request from me (client) to the my friend (server), do i get the results of my request in the same way (client <- server) or do i have to make a server and my friend a client to send that
result to me?

And did i get it right, that with most xml-rpc librarys u generate a xml file that is then transfered to a remote address where it is parsed and executed?

I hope can help me!

Edit: And for sure i'm Talkin about C++ Programming here, including C++ xmlrpc Librarys, sorry for not beeing so clear
Windows XP SP1
Dev-Cpp 4.9.9.2
wxWidgets 2.6.0