gui testing tool

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
vsp
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

gui testing tool

Post by vsp » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:11 am

Can any one suggest or used open source GUI testing tools for windows and wxwidgets apps.

Thanks.
VSP

upCASE
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by upCASE » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:41 am

Hi!
Tough question, as I'm also interested in this but haven't found something that suits my needs.

Have a look here http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Tools, there some tools listed.

What I'm interested in is a tool like Squish, but unfortunately this is only available for Qt, Java and "web" (whatever that means).

Because of that situation, I started a little project myself. So far it's nothing more than kind of a macro recorder. It catches all events and stores them in a simple script-like language. At the moment I'm finishing the last events to catch. One can load scripts and run them. What I plan is to implement a good parser for the scripts (currently very amateurish) and the ability to perform and record tests and their results.

If you find a tool, please report back! Although I'm having fun writing this, it might save me a lot of time...
wx: svn
Compiler: gcc 4.5.1, VC 2008, eVC 4

"If it was hard to write it should be hard to read..." - the unknown coder
"Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

vsp
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by vsp » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:51 am

I have found the following tools provide some level of features but I am not sure how they will work.
A complete list is available here. Please let me know, if any one has already used.

http://www.opensourcetesting.org/functional.php.

For me dogtail looks ok, but not sure whether it works on windows.

VSP[/quote]