FTP wxDirDlg and wxFileDlg

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
Nazarine
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

FTP wxDirDlg and wxFileDlg

Post by Nazarine » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:50 am

Hi all,
I was wondering if anybody knows of a version of the wxDirDlg and wxFileDlg objects that can work on a remote ftp site.
i.e.
I want to supply, username, password, portnumber,hostname etc and allow a user to browse for a file/directory on the remote ftp site using the wxFileDlg and wxDirDlg features. (so i can prompt a user to "Enter the name of the logfile you wish to download") - currently i do this by just letting them enter the filename directly in a wxTextCtrl but it would be much nicer and less error prone if users were able to navigate to the remote file using a dialog.

I have looked through the source code of these and i can see how i could create a new class which accepts a wxFTP object as part of the constructor(s) but if somebody already has one of these out there then i prefer not to re-invent the wheel (especially as it is a "nicety" in the app i am writing rather than an essential requirement).

p.s. wxWidgets is awesome - it has got me back into programming again after a long lapse and is much easier to understand than MFC

ABX
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Re: FTP wxDirDlg and wxFileDlg

Post by ABX » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:12 pm

Nazarine wrote:I was wondering if anybody knows of a version of the wxDirDlg and wxFileDlg objects that can work on a remote ftp site.
I don't know for sure but perhaps this thread http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib. ... evel/60249 will be usefull.

ABX
CVS Head, 2.8.X
wxMSW, wxWinCE, wxPalmOS, wxOS2, wxMGL, bakefile
gcc 3.2.3, bcc 5.51, dmc 8.48, ow 1.6, vc 7.1, evc 3/4, pods 1.2