Posibility modify tables format with wxHtmlEasyPrinting

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
baldurian
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Posibility modify tables format with wxHtmlEasyPrinting

Post by baldurian » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:39 am

Hi,

I'm developing a C++ aplication and i need to print html files. The content is in tables and the size of cells is ENORMOUS (height), the html is only tables, nothing strange.
What can i do? Were I can find in html parser the function that define this size?

PD. and is possible to apply no border to a determinate cells?

Thanks for help

mjs
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Re: Posibility modify tables format with wxHtmlEasyPrinting

Post by mjs » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:31 pm

baldurian wrote:I'm developing a C++ aplication and i need to print html files.
You might take a look at wxHtmlEasyPrinting.
baldurian wrote:The content is in tables and the size of cells is ENORMOUS (height), the html is only tables, nothing strange.
What can i do? Were I can find in html parser the function that define this size?
Short answer: At different places
Long answer: The size is dynamically calculated depending on the font size and table border size and spacings.
baldurian wrote:PD. and is possible to apply no border to a determinate cells?
I don't know but you might want to take a look at SelfHTML ...

Regards,
Mark

baldurian
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by baldurian » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:35 am

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using wxHtmlEasyPrinting class.
Long answer: The size is dynamically calculated depending on the font size and table border size and spacings.
I try to set the lower size for font and apply no border but the size of cells are equal.

I know that is possible to apply no border to a determinate cells, but in the documentation of wxHtmlEasyPrinting i don't find this. I'll continue searching for this opcion.

SnakeChomp
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by SnakeChomp » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:57 am

Don't expect wx to be able to do anything fancy with html. Using cascading style sheets to give certain cells in a table a certain type of border (or no border) is definately considered fancy.

Also, if you try really hard, you can retrieve a wxHtmlCell pointer to the table cell and use wxHtmlCell::GetHeight to find out how tall it is. Note that this involves using wxHtmlWinParser to parse your html and retrieve a wxHtmlContainerCell object which you can query for child wxHtmlCell objects. I cannot tell you much more as I came up with this just from looking at the documentation.

baldurian
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by baldurian » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:17 pm

I try using the Mozilla plugin but at this moment dont have print module.

I see that this is a class to print 'simple' html, I'll search for another tool/class html parser/printer. Until this, I'm tied to Internet Explorer.

Thanks for help