I do know nothing about wxWidgets

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
Jan2004
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

I do know nothing about wxWidgets

Post by Jan2004 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:24 pm

I do know nothing about wxWidgets. (I have met the wxWidget buying super software Writer's Cafe) How wxWidgets works ? Can I find anywhere the diagram, which explain it ? Which programming language can be used developing with wxWidgets - only C++ or Python ? What the scope of knowledge I ought to know to begin with wxWidgets ?
Thanks in advance for answers.
Jan

geon
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by geon » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:33 pm

wxWidgets defines a common API for many platforms. This API is implemented once for each platform, so applications written with wx can simply be recompiled on any supported platform.

You can develop with wx using a lot of languages. C++ and Python are the 2 mainly used ones (in that order).

To use wx, it will be helpful for you to understand the basic principles of OO-programming, such as inheritence and polymorphism. Also, you should know how to handle pointers and dynamically allocated memmory.

Read the official site for more info.