Is there still planned improvement for high resolution displays in wxWidgets 3.2?

This forum can be used to talk about general design strategies, new ideas and questions in general related to wxWidgets. If you feel your questions doesn't fit anywhere, put it here.
guzmanpaco
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Is there still planned improvement for high resolution displays in wxWidgets 3.2?

Post by guzmanpaco »

Before 3.1.6 was released, the roadmap page, https://www.wxwidgets.org/develop/roadmap/, mentioned that 3.2 will have better support for high resolution displays. When 3.1.6 was released, the information was removed.

We would like to confirm if there are still plans to improve high resolution display support on wxWidgets. In our current project, 4K performance is poor and choppy in our Mac output when drawing wxGenericStaticBitmaps, while there are no performance issues on Windows when the screen resolution is 3840x2160. We checked using wxWidgets 3.1.5 and 3.1.6 and the issue is not as bad as 3.1.0 but there is still a significant performance issue.

Is there still any plan to improve high resolution performance in wxWidgets in 3.2?

Thank you
doublemax

Re: Is there still planned improvement for high resolution displays in wxWidgets 3.2?

Post by doublemax »

... mentioned that 3.2 will have better support for high resolution displays. When 3.1.6 was released, the information was removed.
This was probably referring to High-DPI support, which has now been implemented.

Performance issues are a different thing, are you sure the wx team is aware about this? Either open an issue at GitHub https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/issues or post at https://groups.google.com/g/wx-users where you can reach the core wx devs. This here is a user forum.
Use the source, Luke!
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: Is there still planned improvement for high resolution displays in wxWidgets 3.2?

Post by PB »

You need to ask in wx-users, where the developers are. If you have issues, you should report them (unless it is a known issue).

Nevertheless, I am following the development and I am not aware of any planned improvements.

Current release dates are June 6 for 3.1.7 and July 7 for 3.2.0, so there's not much time left.

@doublemax, BTW, IIRC the forum used to notify the user there is a new post in the thread before adding his. This does not happen anymore?
doublemax@work
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by doublemax@work »

PB wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:04 am @doublemax, BTW, IIRC the forum used to notify the user there is a new post in the thread before adding his. This does not happen anymore?
It should. Actually i think it happended to me only a few days ago. But it's not really a notification. When you click submit, the new post will appear at the top and you'll be in edit mode again. Then you can click submit again.
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

doublemax@work wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:56 am
PB wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:04 am @doublemax, BTW, IIRC the forum used to notify the user there is a new post in the thread before adding his. This does not happen anymore?
But it's not really a notification. When you click submit, the new post will appear at the top and you'll be in edit mode again.
Yes, that is what I meant. It did not show up in this thread before I posted and I think at least one more recently.