HELP! compilation error Topic is solved

Questions about wxWidgets running on MS.NET, mono or Portable.NET ? Ask it here !
DannyAlvarez
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

HELP! compilation error

Post by DannyAlvarez »

I am trying to compile my VS 2008 Express solution and this is what i got:

C:\wxWidgets-2.9.1\include\msvc\wx/setup.h(91) : fatal error C1083: Can't open include file: ../../../lib/vc_lib/msw/wx/setup.h: No such file or directory

What's the problem?
ouch67
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by ouch67 »

quite obviously your missing setup.h... heh, basically you forgot to configure wxwidgets is all.

in that directory there is a file called setup0.h make a copy of that and name it setup.h.

then open that copy and set the settings up as you like, and re-compile.

You may also need to copy that file to your lib directories, (the one it's specifying) I know the plain makefile has to be run several times before it will do that, so it's best to do it yourself.
briceandre
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by briceandre »

quite obviously your missing setup.h... heh, basically you forgot to configure wxwidgets is all.

in that directory there is a file called setup0.h make a copy of that and name it setup.h.

then open that copy and set the settings up as you like, and re-compile.

You may also need to copy that file to your lib directories, (the one it's specifying) I know the plain makefile has to be run several times before it will do that, so it's best to do it yourself.
Well, I am really not sure you need to perform all this stuff to compile wxWidgets under MSVC.

To be helped, you need to tell a litle bit more on how you are trying to compile wxWidgets.

AFAIK, there are two methods to compile wxWidgets with MSVC:
1. You open the dedicated project (located in wx_install_dir/build/msw/... or something like that). As I never used this one, I cannot help you furthermore, but I think this should be as simple as choosing your config and pressing the 'build' button.
2. You use the provided makefile (this is the method I use). In this case, you have to do the followings:
- Open a windows command shell
- go to you wxWidgets/build/msw directory.
- from the shell, execute the script located in something like (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat). This will configure your MSVC environment.
- then, compile wxWidgets with the makefile simply by executing the command 'nmake -f makefile.vc <build_options>' where build options could be stuff like BUILD=debug, for example.

You may think that the second solution is far more complex than first one, but from my experience, avoiding using Microsoft GUI environments generally allows you to avoid a lot of problems...
mypeWipse
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

ok

Post by mypeWipse »

ok