wx 2.5.3 compilation never ends on OS X 10.3.7

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
contigab
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wx 2.5.3 compilation never ends on OS X 10.3.7

Post by contigab »

First of all let me say that I am a Linux user which has recently moved to Mac OS X and I am quite a newbie on my new system, even if I have good knowledge of Linux.

I followed the procedure for compiling wxWidgets on my mac. (OS X 10.3.7 with XCode 1.5)

mkdir osx
cd osx
../configure --enable-unicode --enable-shared --enable-debug --with-opengl
make

At the end of compilation Makefile invokes a command called "DeRez" (actually I don't have idea of what does this command does).
However, the compilation freezes on this command, which seems to never return. If I open a new shell and ps aux, I see that the process takes away the 90% of cpu. After about 30mins. - 1hour i ctrl-c and move the directory to the trash bin, sadly without having had the chance to install wxWindows.

Can someone explain me what is going wrong here ?
upCASE

Post by upCASE »

Hi!
Not really sure about this but I read somewhere that enabling shared support is not a good idea on MacOS. I'm using two static versions (unicode/ansi) and they compiled just fine...
For DeRez: http://developer.apple.com/tools/mpw-to ... derez.html
wx: svn
Compiler: gcc 4.5.1, VC 2008, eVC 4

"If it was hard to write it should be hard to read..." - the unknown coder
"Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
contigab
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by contigab »

Actually, the last time I compiled with --disable-shared but the result is the same. During the build process the command "Rez" is invoked and suddenly after comes the command "DeRez". What sounds strange to me is that Rez and DeRez are a pair of commands which manage resources, the first command compiles them and the second decompiles. Is that really necessary ? (Since we compile a resource, is it really necessary to decompile it ?)

By the way, these are the first times (since i reformatted) that compilation of wxWindows do not work, probably it is because of the version of developer tools. I have XCode 1.5.