tray window in windows

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
tom69
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

tray window in windows

Post by tom69 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:26 pm

hi,
i just would like to create a window that automatically sticks with the edges of the screen (like winamp window, or steam windows), but the problem is not the function, i created it, but in windows the tray_window is not taken into account.

I can get easily the size of the screen, but i would like to get the size of the tray_window (the window class of it is: "Shell_TrayWnd" it has no parent window. i managed to implement this in windows programming getting the handle of this window and then the size (or with a special function which get the screen work size, well i don't remember).

so can someone help me in doing this??
in windows it would be something like "FindWindow(NULL, "Shell_TrayWnd");" but in wx ???

thanks!!

tom69
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by tom69 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:22 pm

???
nobody knows how to do this, getting a Windows window ???
plizzz helppp :cry: lol
thanx!

SnakeChomp
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by SnakeChomp » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:20 pm

Just because you are using wxWidgets does not mean you cannot use platform specific code. FindWindow() will still work in your program, you just need to make sure you only compile the FindWindow() code in a windows build.