OSX/Xcode issue

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

OSX/Xcode issue

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi, ALL,
I'm not sure if this belongs in this subforum or the one above. I'll let the mods decide...

I'm using latest release on all 3 platforms. Both Windows and Linux are fine, however OSX have issues.

I'm using Xcode as an IDE.

I successfully build the library from the Terminal and am successfully building my project from inside Xcode..

The way I made the project is as follows:

I created one from the Cocoa Application template, then in Terminal ran "wx-config --cxxflags" and "wx-config --libs" and manually put the results inside the appropriate fields in the Xcode.

I didn't start with the minimal Xcode project, nor did I drag the libwx files in the project.

I also made a script that copies all libraries (wx and my own) inside the AppBundle and reset all of them with "install_name_tool -change". I verified with "otool -L" that there is no references to the place I compiled the libraries on.

Now to the issue:

When I run the program from inside Xcode, I see that the IDE is loading the libraries from 2 different locations - inside the Bundle and from the place the libraries are compiled at.
This causes problems with the public/private visibility and the program crashes.

However, when I run the program from the Terminal with "open myapp.app", it runs fine.

Does anyone here knows how to solve the problem of double loading when the program runs from Xcode?

Thank you in advance.

Code: Select all

Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ ls -la
total 189912
drwxr-xr-x  26 igorkorot  staff       832 Feb  8 10:54 .
drwxr-xr-x   8 igorkorot  staff       256 Feb  4 20:36 ..
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff   2415408 Jun  4  2018 libclang_rt.asan_osx_dynamic.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff    778384 Jun  4  2018 libclang_rt.ubsan_osx_dynamic.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff    347052 Feb  8 10:54 liblibdbloader.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff   7012824 Feb  8 10:54 liblibdbwindow.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff   8999448 Feb  8 10:54 liblibdialogs.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff    538128 Feb  8 10:54 liblibfieldswindow.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff   3787980 Feb  8 10:54 liblibmysql.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff   6420568 Feb  8 10:54 liblibodbc.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff   4567896 Feb  8 10:54 liblibpostgres.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff    470944 Feb  8 10:54 liblibpropertieshandlers.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff   3015032 Feb  8 10:54 liblibpropertypages.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff   5226584 Feb  8 10:54 liblibshapeframework.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff  15753764 Feb  8 10:54 liblibsqlite.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff    896168 Feb  8 10:54 liblibtabledataedit.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff   7340480 Feb  8 10:54 libmysqlclient.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff   4524504 Feb  8 10:54 libwx_baseu-3.2.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff    732432 Feb  8 10:54 libwx_baseu_net-3.2.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff    163636 Feb  8 10:54 libwx_baseu_xml-3.2.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff     20944 Feb  8 10:54 libwx_osx_cocoau_adv-3.2.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff  14883612 Feb  8 10:54 libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.2.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff   1686416 Feb  8 10:54 libwx_osx_cocoau_html-3.2.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff    356864 Feb  8 10:54 libwx_osx_cocoau_qa-3.2.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff   4408276 Feb  8 10:54 libwx_osx_cocoau_stc-3.2.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 igorkorot  staff   1821868 Feb  8 10:54 libwx_osx_cocoau_xrc-3.2.dylib
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L liblibdbloader.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L liblibdbwindow.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L liblibdialogs.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L liblibfieldswindow.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L liblibmysql.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L liblibodbc.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L liblibpostgres.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L liblibpropertieshandlers.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L liblibpropertypages.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L liblibshapeframework.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L liblibsqlite.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L liblibtabledataedit.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L libmysqlclient.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L libwx_baseu-3.2.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L libwx_baseu_net-3.2.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L libwx_baseu_xml-3.2.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L libwx_osx_cocoau_adv-3.2.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.2.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L libwx_osx_cocoau_html-3.2.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L libwx_osx_cocoau_qa-3.2.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L libwx_osx_cocoau_stc-3.2.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ otool -L libwx_osx_cocoau_xrc-3.2.dylib | grep igor
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ pwd
/Users/igorkorot/dbhandler/dbhandler/Build/Products/Debug/dbhandler.app/Contents/Frameworks
Igors-MacBook-Air:Frameworks igorkorot$ 
From the Xcode Debug Console log:

Code: Select all

dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/dbhandler/dbhandler/Build/Products/Debug/dbhandler.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libwx_osx_cocoau_xrc-3.2.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/dbhandler/dbhandler/Build/Products/Debug/dbhandler.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libwx_osx_cocoau_html-3.2.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/dbhandler/dbhandler/Build/Products/Debug/dbhandler.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libwx_osx_cocoau_qa-3.2.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/dbhandler/dbhandler/Build/Products/Debug/dbhandler.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libwx_osx_cocoau_adv-3.2.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/dbhandler/dbhandler/Build/Products/Debug/dbhandler.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.2.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/dbhandler/dbhandler/Build/Products/Debug/dbhandler.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libwx_baseu_xml-3.2.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/dbhandler/dbhandler/Build/Products/Debug/dbhandler.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libwx_baseu_net-3.2.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/dbhandler/dbhandler/Build/Products/Debug/dbhandler.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libwx_baseu-3.2.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/wxWidgets/buildC11/lib/libwx_osx_cocoau_xrc-3.2.0.0.0.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/wxWidgets/buildC11/lib/libwx_osx_cocoau_html-3.2.0.0.0.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/wxWidgets/buildC11/lib/libwx_osx_cocoau_qa-3.2.0.0.0.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/wxWidgets/buildC11/lib/libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.2.0.0.0.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/wxWidgets/buildC11/lib/libwx_baseu_xml-3.2.0.0.0.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/wxWidgets/buildC11/lib/libwx_baseu_net-3.2.0.0.0.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/wxWidgets/buildC11/lib/libwx_baseu-3.2.0.0.0.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/wxWidgets/buildC11/lib/libwx_osx_cocoau_stc-3.2.0.0.0.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/igorkorot/wxWidgets/buildC11/lib/libwx_osx_cocoau_adv-3.2.0.0.0.dylib
Thank you.