CrossCompiling WXWidgets 3.1.7 on Windows for Arm-Linux

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
Parduz
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

CrossCompiling WXWidgets 3.1.7 on Windows for Arm-Linux

Post by Parduz »

On Windows 10, I have downloaded the arm-none-linux-gnueabihf 9.2 toolchain from the ARM developer site, configured Code::Block to use it and succesfully compiled a console "Hello World" for a Beablebone Black running Debian 7.
Now, i would like to cross-compile the WXWidgets and build a WxWidget "Hello World" program.

The cross-compiling world is pretty confusing for me, so i'm facing more than one problem:
  1. there is no "*Make.exe" in that that toolchain, while i have always used it in the past for WxWidgets (but only for Windows);
    what should i donwload to have a "full MINGW" installation using the mentioned toolchain?
  2. or
    How could i compile the widgets without the Make.exe?
  3. i already have the command i've used in the past. So i saved the output of a mingw-make -v output, edit the file in a .bat, changing the gcc related folders, but failed again.... i think 'cause i'm still compiling starting from the /build/msw folder...
    what's the linux folder to start compiling?
Yes, i'm pretty confused :roll: