Colors not rendering exact on macOS

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
bobgladstone
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Colors not rendering exact on macOS

Post by bobgladstone » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:15 am

Hello,

I am developing a cross-platform application currently running on Windows and on macOS. I have a couple of wxPanels which I set to a specific color using RGB values, let's say a red panel where the colors are rgb (179, 46, 55). When running the Windows application and taking a screenshot, the color in the screenshot matches, but when running the macOS application the screenshot color is (180, 76, 85) a difference of (1, 30, 30). My other colors also differ, but not by the same amount. Generally all colors are lighter, more bleak.

Is there any color correction / color calibration taking place? How can I control it?

I am on wx3.1.1

Thanks

PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: Colors not rendering exact on macOS

Post by PB » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:21 am

I have never used OSX but I believe there may have been some changes like this to account for NSAppearance.

Anyway, if you are really on wxWidgets 3.1.1 I would advise switching to master (soon to be released 3.1.3) which AFAIK improved wxWidgets experience on latest OSX versions...