MenuBar in macOS Catalina

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
HartwigW
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: MenuBar in macOS Catalina

Post by HartwigW » Sat May 02, 2020 3:23 pm

Hi,

this is not a bug in wxWidgets, I believe. I had the same problem but I could solve the issue with creating a new Xcode target. Previously, I "upgraded" a command line program to wxWidgets. That worked well till Mojave. After upgrading to Catalina and Xcode this program failed with the same symptoms you have described. I added an Info.plist file but no help.

For whatever reasons the NSMenu callbacks are not called after starting the app (none of them). When bringing the app into the background and back to the foreground all callbacks are served.

Finally, I created in Xcode an App target and associated the same files and libraries (no re-compilation!) to the new target. And everything works now!

BTW: I also checked the repository and could not find any modifications regarding menus.

PS: I am using a 2019 version of wxWidgets.

BeerSmith
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Re: MenuBar in macOS Catalina

Post by BeerSmith » Sat May 23, 2020 3:02 pm

Can you walk me through the basic steps to create the new target in XCode? I'm interested in trying this solution.
BeerSmith.com