Simple Dunno - Linux Environment Variable

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
inukaze
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Simple Dunno - Linux Environment Variable

Post by inukaze »

Hi there, i just want to know if possible to set the version of wxWidgets i want to use.

For example. you just imagine i had Ubuntu 14.04.5 i386 and the wxWidgets 3.0 and wxWidgets 2.8 installed on the system.
and i install from a ppa, a software called "VisualBoyAdvance-M" and this is made with wxWidgets 2.8.

Ok if i want to limit the version of wxWidgets to 2.8, and ignore the existence of libraries in version 3.0
i had some environment variable for that ?

something like :
export LD_WXWIDGET_VERSION=2.8

Thanks for any useful answer you can gave me.
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Simple Dunno - Linux Environment Variable

Post by DavidHart »

Hi,
just imagine i had Ubuntu 14.04.5 i386
I hope this is imaginary, and you're not really using a 5 year old distro...

Anyway, the way to select which wx installation to build against is to point to the correct wx-config. That's a script, the wxWidgets equivalent of pkg-config. You can probably (I don't have 14.04 right now for testing) select it globally by doing:
sudo update-alternatives --config wx-config
and choosing wxGTK-2.8.

Otherwise, open a terminal. Do:
wx-config --list
to see what choices are available. When you build, select 2.8 by using, in your terminal or IDE,
wx-config --version=2.8 --cxxflags
and
wx-config --version=2.8 --libs
wherever you would otherwise have used the standard wx-config --cxxflags etc

There are other ways too so, if the above isn't appropriate for your situation, please describe how you intend to compile and link the program.

Regards,

David