wxGenericNotificationMessage behaviour under Mac

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
mill-j
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

wxGenericNotificationMessage behaviour under Mac

Post by mill-j »

I have a simple app that runs on the Windows, Linux, and recently also MacOS. Clicking the close button on this app will hide the frame instead of closing the app.

Under Linux and Windows, wxGenericNotification works as intended, however under mac the notification only shows up when the frame is visible or after clicking close and the app is still in focus(until you click anything). Otherwise it will show up when I reopen the app, defeating the purpose of using it.

What am I overlooking? I can post code sections if it would help.

Thanks

mill-j
[-X Don't Complain, Change It, It's Open-Source!
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: wxGenericNotificationMessage behaviour under Mac

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
What wx version? How did you configure it?
What OSX version are you testing it on?

Can you post the {relevant} code? Or modify minimal to show the problem?

Thank you.
mill-j
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Re: wxGenericNotificationMessage behaviour under Mac

Post by mill-j »

Ok using wxWidgets 3.1.1 on MacOS High Sierra 10.12 configured with ./configure --disable-shared

I highly suspect MacOS is the culprit. But here is a minimal example. To reproduce the issue, just run the app, the notification pops up just fine. Select something on the desktop. It's hidden until you click the terminal icon in the Dock. Creating a bundle doesn't help either.

It's no big deal if that's just how it is, I'll just default to the native implementation. But I wanted to see if anyone else has any ideas or are able to reproduce the problem, before filing a bug report.

Thanks
Attachments
test.cpp
Modified Minimal
(7.15 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
[-X Don't Complain, Change It, It's Open-Source!