Solaris Build Failure wxWidgets 3.1.1

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
nkulowiec
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Solaris Build Failure wxWidgets 3.1.1

Post by nkulowiec »

I am trying to build wxWidgets 3.1.1 on Solaris 11.3 SRU34 with gcc 5.4.0 and GNU make 3.82 and receive a ton of errors after about 5 minutes of building.

Code: Select all

./include/wx/wxcrtbase.h:667:68: error: ‘wcsdup’ was not declared in this scope
./include/wx/wxcrt.h:187:95: error: ‘wcsnlen’ was not declared in this scope
./include/wx/wxcrt.h:324:47: error: ‘wcscasecmp’ was not declared in this scope
./include/wx/wxcrt.h:519:50: error: ‘wcsncasecmp’ was not declared in this scope
./include/wx/wxcrt.h:519:50: error: ‘wcsncasecmp’ was not declared in this scope
I have tested with gcc/g++, cc/g++, cc/CC. All fail. Oddly enough, when I switched to Solaris Studio 12.4 cc/CC(the C/C++ compiler for Studio) throws the following error during configure:

Code: Select all

configure: error: Can't use --enable-std_string without std::wstring or std::basic_string<wchar_t>
I've attached the 3 different ways I've tried building this. Any ideas?
Attachments
wxWidgets Configure and Build Failure - Solaris Studio 12.4 - cc and g++.txt
(541.64 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
wxWidgets Configure and Build Failure - Solaris Studio 12.4 - cc and CC.txt
(2.52 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
wxWidgets Configure and Build Failure - gcc and g++.txt
(369.91 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Solaris Build Failure wxWidgets 3.1.1

Post by DavidHart »

Hi,

I've no knowledge or experience of solaris, but googling the first type of error produced this result. Most of that will be irrelevant, but worth a look.
configure: error: Can't use --enable-std_string without std::wstring or std::basic_string<wchar_t>
found configure.in. Have a look around line 1900.

If neither of those help and nobody else has any better ideas, I suggest you post to the wx-dev mailing list, or even direct to wx trac.

Regards,

David
nkulowiec
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by nkulowiec »

Thanks for the info Dave!

I was more concerned with the multitude of "was not declared in this scope" errors when we know that they're defined. The gcc/g++ method shows the "./include/wx/wxcrt.h:519:50: error: ‘wcsncasecmp’ was not declared in this scope" errors whereas the cc/g++ method gives "error: ‘int vwprintf(const wchar_t*, va_list)’ conflicts with a previous declaration" and " error: ‘int vwprintf(const wchar_t*, va_list)’ conflicts with a previous declaration". Neither of which make sense at the moment.

If I can't figure out the main issue, I'll definitely consider changing gears for the --enable-std_string secondary issue (using CC), as you suggested.

I have tried changing the "using" lines and their order in the wchar.h file and I even did a few test edits of wxcrt.cpp to no avail.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
If it matters I successfully built wxWidgets 2.8 on latest Sun Solaris with the Solaris studio.

You can try upgrading the OS (which I know will be painful, it's not Solaris anymore) or try to play with the configure option.
Or even better check the config.log file and see why the type/functions was not recognized.

If you can check the reason and submit you findings to the wx-dev ML it would be great.

Thank you.
nkulowiec
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by nkulowiec »

ONEEYEMAN,

I have no idea what you mean by trying to upgrade the OS as I am already on the latest SRU for the OS.

What were your configure options for the 2.8 version?
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
As I said - it was a long time ago. But I think I just did - "../configure --enable-debug --enable-debug_gdb" and then "make"

Thank you.