Double frame border with wxWidgets GTK3 in Gnome 3

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
thoray
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Double frame border with wxWidgets GTK3 in Gnome 3

Post by thoray »

I get double frame border when running wxWidgets GTK3+ applications in Gnome 3 that I have compiled, including wx samples. The apps run fine inside KDE Plasma session or when compiled with GTK2 version of wx. Native GTK3+ applications like eye-of-gnome do not have double frame borders. It happens with wxWidgets supplied debian packages or with versions of wx I compile myself.

wx 3.0.4 / 3.1.1
gtk 3.22.11 / 3.22.26
gcc 6.3.0
Debian stretch x86-64
Attachments
doubleborder.jpg
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: Double frame border with wxWidgets GTK3 in Gnome 3

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
Could you try cloning the wxWidgets repository and then compile and run the minimal sample from the Git HEAD?
Also - what happens if you try to downgrade the GTK+?

If it still gives the problem - try to post on the wx-users ML. This forum is done for users by users.

Thank you.
thoray
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by thoray »

Trying out the latest from git didn't help. I did try two different versions of GTK+ as shown in first post.

The problem seems to only affect some samples. 'minimal', 'progrid', 'ribbon' or 'menu' do not have the problem whereas 'dataview', 'collpane' or 'calender' does show it.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
You can try posting to the wx-users/wx-dev ML.
This forum is for users by users. Core devs (namely Vadim) are not visiting this place.

Also - out of curiosity - did you compare the code that creates the main frame between working and non-working samples?

Thank you.
thoray
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by thoray »

Yes, I compared the code that creates the mainframe but I didn't see anything there. Possibly some controls creates the issue and some do not.

Ok, I'l take this at the mailing list.