wxGetOsVersion() is giving different result in different applications on the same machine Topic is solved

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
sakthivel
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxGetOsVersion() is giving different result in different applications on the same machine

Post by sakthivel »

Hi.

I created two UI applications using wxWidget3.0.4. Both the applications have Frame and menus. In one application i am getting assert message while clicking on menu(..\src\msw\toplevel.cpp assert"m_menuDepth>0"), other application working fine.

While searching for this issue i found that wxGetOsVersion() returning "wxWinVersion_Unknown", that is why assert is coming. In other application wxGetOsVersion() is returning wxWinVersion_7.

I tried ::GetVersionEx() method in both the applications. In working project it giving MajorVersion - 6 & MinorVersion - 1(Windows7), In non working project MajorVersion - 8 & MinorVersion - 3.

I am not sure why it is giving wrong value, Both projects using wxWidget3.0.4 & VS2015. I checked the project configuration, it looks same for bot the projects.

Pls help me to find why it is returning different value in the same machine. Actually i am migrating these projects from wxWidget2.4.2 to wxWidget3.0.4.
I am sure, both the projects link with wxWidget3.0.4\lib\vc_dll\, i added all the necessary libs.

- wxWidget3.0.4
- VS2015
- Windows7 64bit
- ProjectConfiuration Debug - 32bit

Thanks.
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: wxGetOsVersion() is giving different result in different applications on the same machine

Post by PB »

Is it really 8.3 and not 6.3 in the non-working project? Does GetVersionEx() still return TRUE?

I know it is a stupid question but: Are you sure it is Windows 7 and not 8 or newer? If it was W8+, this could be affected by application compatibility settings.

If it is really Windows 7 there must be something really wrong IMO...
sakthivel
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: wxGetOsVersion() is giving different result in different applications on the same machine

Post by sakthivel »

Yes it is 8.3 in the no-working project and GetVersionEx() returning TRUE #-o .

Are you sure it is Windows 7 and not 8 or newer? - Yes Windows7

In working project it is 6.1 .
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

I can't think of any reason why this could happen. Googling i found one post with a similar issue and Microsofts AppVerifier was the reason. Do you have that installed?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/238 ... jorversion
Use the source, Luke!
sakthivel
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by sakthivel »

doublemax wrote:I can't think of any reason why this could happen. Googling i found one post with a similar issue and Microsofts AppVerifier was the reason. Do you have that installed?
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/238 ... jorversion
@doublemax =D> =D> AppVerifier is the culprit. Thank you so much man.