Windows/GTK2 vs GTK3 runtime

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Windows/GTK2 vs GTK3 runtime

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi, ALL,
I have a very weird situation.
I am developing my application on Windows, but occasionally I try it on both Linux (GTK2 and GTK3) and OSX/Cocoa.
I just put the newly released 3.1.1 on all of my machines. I compiled the library with MSVC 2010 on Windows (8.1) and standard debug configuratio on GTK2/3/OSX (meaning no extra options) with C++11 support.
The application uses wxListBox with multiple selection to select some strings.
The control is placed on the panel, which itself is placed on the dialog.

Everything works fine on Windows. I pull the dialog and can do multiple selection inside the list box.
Everything also works on Linux GTK2. I pull the dialog and can do multiple selection inside the list box. Of course I tried the sample with GTH3 and everything works fine in the sample.
However, the code doesn't work on GTK3. I can't do a multiple selection inside the list box. It just doesn't select a second string if I do "Ctrl+left click".

I didn't try the OSX yet, but I suspect everything will work there as well.

Does anybody experienced such thing? Any recommendations?

TIA!

[EDIT]
I'm attaching the source code that is failing.
I don't even know where to start debugging. As I said sample work fine and so is GTK2.
[/EDIT]
Attachments
selecttables.h
(1.64 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
selecttables.cpp
(7.85 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: Windows/GTK2 vs GTK3 runtime

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
The GTK3 version is 3.20.9 under Gentoo Linux/w GNOME WM.

Thank you.
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

As you know i don't work under Linux, so i can't test this. But if you're saying that in the sample (i assume you tested the 'widgets' sample) in works, but not in your application, there must be a simple difference.

Looking into your code, i find the "event.Skip();" in the EVT_LISTBOX event handler a little suspicious and the sample doesn't do that. So that would be the first thing i'd check.
Use the source, Luke!
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

doublemax,
Commenting out that line didn't help.
I tried to debug and it looks like the second Ctrl+left click is not being recognised at all. The program doesn't stop at the function.

Any idea?

Thank you.